• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:35 PM
  • 15 Replies

when did you start your baby on whole milk? and how'd you keep it cool when going on trips? we are planning on taking a vacation in June and we dont know how we'd keep the milk cool esp since it gets very hot at that time of month.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

*Hello! I'm Liz & I'm a vaccinating, craft making, camera happy, makeup wearing,movie loving, proud SAHM momma!*

*Happily Married To Robert and Loving Mommy To Dekori (Age 3) and Dylan (Age 10 Months)!!!*
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof2grls06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM

They sell foogo cups at babies r us that keep milk or whatever cold for about 6-8 hours. That is what I give my middle daughter to take to bed.They really do work too. The cups are about $15 for one, but I think they're worth it if you really only need one or two.

My oldest took whole milk at a year and my middle daughter is 2 and still won't touch it very often, I pump for her and she drinks breast milk though and my youngest is 9 months and I will probably do the same thing I'm doing with my 2 year old.

A proud Christian, Republican, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, Former fully vaxing, but now delayed and very selectively vaxing, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

It's a child not a choice.

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference.

dqsmami06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Thank You VERY much I never even heard of foogo cups but I will def be checking those out soon!

mommyof2grls06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Thermos makes them. You can also get them on amazon and diapers.com.

Quoting dqsmami06:

Thank You VERY much I never even heard of foogo cups but I will def be checking those out soon!

Twinboysmom22
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:55 PM

At 12 months is when we switched.

You can keep a gallon in a cooler.  Get a thermos, buy that thing that goes around a bottle to keep it cool and they have one to keep it warm too.

tangleballlover
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I switched DD at 1 year cold turkey, it took her a couple days to get used to the taste.

To be honest...when we are on long trips, we just give the kids water. If we stop for breakfast or dinner, they have milk in the "restaurant"

Amanda904
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM

My boys are 11 months and I've started them on whole milk.
I do half whole milk and half formula and I'm going to start making it more and more milk everyday until the formula is completely done with. 

Honeybun09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Esmeralda got whole milk at 11 months in addition to formula since she wasn't eating enough formula. She had no lactose in her formula or milk though and still doesn't have in her milk.  I'm not sure how to suggest to keep it cool. We haven't been in that position yet. Can you stop at gas stations along the way and get some for a drink?

Rock-a-bye, babies group,
right on CafeMom:
When the posts start,
The group willl rock;
When the advice flows,
No member will fail;
Down will go baby,
sleeping night and all.
Credit: Cafe Elizabeth

Come join the Babies group today!
Mother Goose Day Celebration May 3!
See you there! ~Honeybun09~Babies Mod~

jridgill
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM

18 months!

Mamie_85
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:36 PM

12 months

MoriahL
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Whole Milk at one! i used a lunch pack to keep it cold!

Moriah- SAHM and WAHM and loving it!

http://www.WorkingGreenMoms.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)