Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so stupid!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:06 AM
  • 8 Replies
My son has been runing a fever all day and nothing would bring it down so when it reached 103.5 i took him to urgent care . And as soon as i get there and give them my information my son starts acting completely normal playing with the nurses laughing nd everything. They take his temp nd its 100.1 nd all along they said it was a combo of teething nd a cold . I feel like i wasted my time money for parking and gas!
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kansan-moma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:08 AM
I have done that before! Twice actually! So don't feel bad, but yeah it does stink to waste the money...and time
Amanda904
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Both of my babies do that to me!   I remember a month or so ago, one of my babies, Michael, had been screaming all day and didn't have a fever.
Well, it wasn't until about 12:30am that I took his temp again and it was something like 104 so I gave him some Motrin and had my brother come and watch my other baby and my SKIDS so I could take Michael to the hospital.

When I got there, they took his temp again and by that time, his temp went down to 101.2 and he was in a good mood...go figure right?
Well, I stayed to get him checked anyways, and it turned out to be an ear infection.
I think babies have a natural ability to make their parents look crazy. 

mommyjenn84
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:12 AM

i think weve all done somthing like that at least once. and at least you did something when you were worried rather than just not carring. i dont think your stupid. just thought it tell ya that since no one else has posted lol.

mommyjenn84
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:12 AM

ok so you had a few just not before i started mine lol

babygomez
by April on May. 24, 2010 at 12:14 AM

At least you got to find out what was bothering your son. I would've done the same.

Loghen
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Its better to have gone and its nothing then not go and he got sicker. it happens to everyone your kids will always make you a lair! lol damn kids

ATG499
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:18 AM

When I took my son to Urgent Care, he had a fever of at least 101.6 for two days before I went in, and the highest his fever got was 103.8. I was worried but thought it was just because he was getting molars (he was 12 months at the time). The doctor told me a teething fever wouldn't get up to 103, he said 102 at the most but never 103.8. My son's temperature was taken at Urgent Care and came out at 100.2. We went home, figuring it was just a bug, and two days later my son had a pretty bad rash that turned out to be Roseola.

Keep an eye on your son's skin, especially during bath time, for the next few days.

mslyricalbedlam
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Quoting Loghen:

Its better to have gone and its nothing then not go and he got sicker. it happens to everyone your kids will always make you a lair! lol damn kids

That's very true!!

"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)