Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tummy time...

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:55 AM
  • 4 Replies

So you are supposed to give your babies "tummy time" for many reasons. It helps them with rolling over, it keeps them off their back which can cause bald spots and flat spots in the back of their heads if they are constantly on their backs, and it helps them crawl because they are already on their stomachs. But my son HATES it. He always ends up crying bloody murder. So did my other son. I still make him do it a little bit but he usually ends up crying non stop and if I have him do it for more than a few minutes he cries himself to sleep. Do any of your babies hate this as much as mine do? And should I really keep enforcing this if he despises it so much?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tangleballlover
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM

How old is your LO? My DD hated it too. So I would put her on her tummy for a very minimal time but frequently throughout the day. Around 2 minutes per time, maybe every hour and a half throughout the day :)

elaine23
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Quoting tangleballlover:

How old is your LO? My DD hated it too. So I would put her on her tummy for a very minimal time but frequently throughout the day. Around 2 minutes per time, maybe every hour and a half throughout the day :)

He is three months. Thats probably what I will start doing...just 2 or 3 minutes.

Kim3787
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:01 AM

My 10 month old also HATES tummy time. I still force it on him but I must be on the floor with him distracting him from the fact that he's on his tummy. Sometimes even in the middle of the night he'll wake up screaming because he rolled onto his tummy. I hate putting him through it but he needs it.

Lilypie - (FU7B)

Lilypie - (bldt)

tangleballlover
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:03 AM

My DD despised tummy time until she was almost 5 months old. So I totally understand!

Quoting elaine23:

Quoting tangleballlover:

He is three months. Thats probably what I will start doing...just 2 or 3 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)