Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is my math off?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

My daughter was born on February 28th (a Sunday). Every Sunday we celebrate another week. This past Sunday we celebrated 12 weeks= 3 months. My friend said, "no, her 3 month birthday is May 28th not May 23rd" I have never been confused by this but now that she asked me I instantly became confused. I get a notification from some baby site every Sunday telling me what milestones to look for in this upcoming week.. so who's right? is my math off?... I should add.. this is my first child...toodles

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mss119
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Your math is fine- she is 12 weeks.  But most months are more than 4 weeks, so she's not quite 3 months.

kansan-moma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:47 PM

there are approx 4 and a half weeks in a month. so thats why you are a tad off.  So 4 weks isnt quite a month :)

myoceanwaves
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Thanks!... 

Bren07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Quoting mss119:

Your math is fine- she is 12 weeks.  But most months are more than 4 weeks, so she's not quite 3 months.

this

HI! im a 21yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS and one on the way. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

Anthonys_mommy1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I count months by the day he was born. He was born Aug 16 to sept 16 he was a month and so on

tangleballlover
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Well, I think I know what your friend is doing...I celebrate months by the anniversary of the day they were born. Otherwise it'd get all out of whack with leap years and the difference of days in a month. So my kids are one month older on the 11th of each month. I don't do it by weeks because it gets so confusing.

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I count mine the same way, right now my DD is 13 wks but she was officially 3 mo on Saturday.  She was born Feb. 22 :)

momto1ryen
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I just explained this to my best friend because she did the same thing. The other ladies are right though.

Schleetle
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Just like in pregnancy the whole months/weeks thing was a pain.

Quoting mss119:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)