Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Epi vs all natural

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM
  • 21 Replies

Did you have an epi or did you have no meds when you delivered your baby?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygomez
by April on May. 24, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I had an epidural..it hurt like hell to have it done, but i'd do it again :]

tangleballlover
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:21 PM

With my first - epi....and looking back, I'm so glad I did. My DS had to have his head vacuumed out and then shoulder dystocia and when they finally got him out, he had tore me up very badly.

With my second - all natural...which made me tons more proud and it was much easier of a delivery.

meglennox
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:24 PM

with my first i opted for an epi shortly after my water broke and true contractions began. it wore off on my left side about 45min after getting it. :( so with my second i tried something else first, can't remember the name. lol i just remember i couldn't keep my eyes focased on anything for more then a second and that it did nothing for the pain. i eventually went the route of an epi. this time it never numbed my left side. :( so with any of our next children i'll be trying no meds. but to be honest, i don't see that lasting very long. lol i don't do well with pain.

big_red05
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I  had an epi w my first and it took them forever to get it in and you have to hold still even thru your contractions it hurt and I had phantom needle pains for three months after... funny thing is the needle moved and I still eneded up feeling everything so it was pointless... w my second I did it all natural and it was much better... you are so focused on the pushing and stuff you don't even notice you don't have an epi...

mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 24, 2010 at 4:45 PM

DS1 was induced but had no pain meds.

DS2 all natural.

DS3  laboured hard for 8 hrs then got an epi 

LSchwarting
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Believe me I tried my hardest for no meds or epidural, but my labor stopped and I ended up having to have pitocin to get things started again and that changed my contractions and what I could handle! I ended up having an epi but it took 5 attempts before it worked and was the worst experience of my life! The most painful and scariest part of labor was the epi, not pushing or even the horrendous pitocin contractions!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
sillythang87
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I have no choice but to go natural, i got an epi both times and neither took, and if there are anymore in the future the hell to get the needle in is NOT worth the tiny chance it will take!  but the 2nd was induced with no painkillers so yeaaa it hurt!!

crabtreemommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I had a epi that stopped working so I delievered naturally. I loved the expression on the drs. face when he found out the epi stopped working. He was like... there is no time to fix it... lets just have us a baby!

Misery_Stitches
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Natural for both kids

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:19 PM

NO EPI!!!  That is kinda scary. IMO.  I had all 4 of my kids naturally and although its very painful, I feel very good with my decision :)  The jacuzzi tub was my epidural LoL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)