Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby sitting up

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

at what age did your baby sit up by him or herself? mine is 6 months old and shes not really sitting up only for a few seconds and thats bout it was just wondering when your alls babies sat up good by their selfs

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teachmichele825
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Thats within the spetrum of "normal". I'm sure you've heard it before and will hear it several times with this post...every baby is different. It does us, as mommies, no good to compare our children.

sillythang87
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM

mine is 5 mo. and could wobbly sit up at 4mo, but now is very good at sitting up by herself

sillythang87
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Quoting teachmichele825:

Thats within the spetrum of "normal". I'm sure you've heard it before and will hear it several times with this post...every baby is different. It does us, as mommies, no good to compare our children.

VERY TRUE!!

kandi2100
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM

im not comparing children i was just curious at what age everyones daughter or son started crawling i by no means am tryin to campare each of our child was just simply wondering.

butterflyblu
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:49 PM

6 months with my oldest.  5 months with my youngest.

mslyricalbedlam
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Quoting sillythang87:

Quoting teachmichele825:

VERY TRUE!!

I agree. To answer your question though...she is 5 months and sits by herself.

"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids."
lovemy2boys39
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:16 PM

My oldest was about 9 months old when he could sit up. My 7 month old just falls over when I try to sit him up. They were both preemies.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

carsonsmommytam
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:20 PM

My son was a wobbly sitter at 4 months and by his 5 month birthday he could sit 20 plus minutes at a time. I also have 2 friends thats kids didnt sit till 8 months.

kandi2100
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:42 PM

i think im always wantin to make sure that they are doin this and that by whatever month lol my oldest is 3 yrs old so im a lil rusty cant remember when she started doin  that lol

ConnersMom03
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Both about 6 months old. My daughter does fall over sometimes, but she can stay for a few minutes sitting by herself.

Lilypie - (rCkY)  Lilypie - (QfLJ)

Local information and home-based writing job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)