Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Her umbilical cord got stuck to my shirt and came off... Help! (EDITED)

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:24 PM
  • 48 Replies

Im so worried.  Im going to add a pic of what it looks like now but she is one month old today and I was burping her and she fell asleep so I just held her there. I had noticed it bleeding a little bit earlier but I figured her diaper just rubbed on it.  Well when I put her back in her carseat I noticed it was gone and I looked at my shirt and there it was still stuck on there.  She didnt wake up or anything so I dont think it bothered her.  She squermed a little but no more than she usually does when I took her away from my body.  Im so worried though that it wasnt supposed to come off or that it will get infected.  I made a doc appointment for first thing in the morning but I just wanted to get yalls take hopefully you can ease my mind.

I think the first one looks horrible cause its so close but the other one doesnt look so so bad...  Donno what do yall think?

EDIT: Everyone keeps saying to keep cleaning it....  They told me not to do anything at all to it so How am I supposed to be cleaning it?  They told me at the hospital to just leave it alone and it will fall off on its own.   So I have not done anything to it thats prolly why it stayed on so long...

Ok so we went to the docs today she put Liquid Nitrate  on it to dry it and said to just watch it!  Thank you ladies!!

kissing!!!!!MOMMY TO SAMMY MAY AND LEXI MARIE!!!!!  girl giving flower

by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetPea020403
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:27 PM
I freaked put when my youngest babys stump came off. I was changing her diaper and accidently tightened the diaper but her tunny looked just like u pictures and she did great =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda904
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, just clean it how you would normally clean it and let her pedi take a look at it.

djspacegirl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM

looks normal to me.  just keep it clean & dry and it will start to look like a normal belly-button in no time!

BrendaandSammy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Thank you!  I about cried!  I felt so bad for taking it off even if it was an accident. 

mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 24, 2010 at 7:29 PM

If you're really worried call and talk to your pedi. I would definately talk to Pedi. Just to be on the safe side.

BrendaandSammy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I was told in the hospital to not do anything to it as far as cleaning it so I dont know what to do with it.  I have just left it alone like they said...  Guess thats why it has stayed on so long..

kissing!!!!!MOMMY TO SAMMY MAY AND LEXI MARIE!!!!!  girl giving flower

cconaway
Ur baby is one month old? dont they usually come off in the first week or two? anyways. Just continue to use alcohol swabs or a few drops of alcohol in it to clean and dry it out. besides the blood it looks fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alishabear0808

My dd's fell off on its own last monday and that is how it looked for a day or 2... She saw her dr last tuesday and I was told it was fine.

iHEAVENn
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Looks like bad to me.. Looks like theres a tiny hole near the top where the bloods coming out of? 

I'd take her in to the docs just in case. If it's fine then that's great but I'd rather be safe than sorry

alandou
by April on May. 24, 2010 at 7:32 PM

i agree just keep it clean and fold the top of her diaper under, if you dont already to keep it from being irritated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)