Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the ideal amount of time in between children? in your opinion :)

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:02 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: What is the ideal age between children? (approx)

Options:

less than a year

1 year

2 years

3 years

4 years

other :)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

We have an 8mth old dh, and would like to try for another when she is like 2?  ... Do you think this is a good idea??

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyjenn84
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:06 PM

mine are about 3 years apart. there is 3 years 2 months to the day between my 1st 2 and 2 years and 7 months or so between my middle and my youngest. so they are just turned 6, almost 3 and 4 months. it works perfect for me. and i think it comes down to whats best for you and your kids

kansan-moma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:06 PM

i guess like 2-3 years is what i think...

Schleetle
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:10 PM

My twin sons are 6 1/2 years older than my daughter, and I love it. I have to say our sons were such a handful at 3 years old I think I would have gone crazy with a baby in the mix.

kansan-moma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Quoting Schleetle:

My twin sons are 6 1/2 years older than my daughter, and I love it. I have to say our sons were such a handful at 3 years old I think I would have gone crazy with a baby in the mix.

with twins i could totally see that!! :)

MarigoldsMama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:17 PM

My 3 year old is super-helpful with her new baby brother.  That is a great age-difference in my opinion. :)

We have one in between though! ... My oldest and middle are 16 months apart, which isn't a bad age difference, just a little harder.

I have to say, 3 kids, 3 and under is a challenge!

Misery_Stitches
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:33 PM

my two kids are 8 years apart am I LOVE it. IF I have anymore, then they will be 5+ years apart from my last.

lovemy2boys39
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:46 PM

My boys are 6 years apart. I think 4 years apart is a good age gap though.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

KokoJones
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:50 PM

well there are almost exactly four years between my dd1 and dd2 and almost exactly 5 years between dd2 and ds and i think it is a good age gap but hubs would like to have no more than 2 years gap between the rest of our kids

MommyJ0697
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Between 1 and 2yrs for us, mostly because it's easier on us and we don't have to pack away ALL of the newborn/infant stuff lol. 2 years is also good because she will be able to help a little and understand what's going on.

kansan-moma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:23 PM

thank you everyone!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)