Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my baby is really really sleepy today. should I worry?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

I took her temp and she is not sick, but she was on a schedule of sleeping at night and staying awake most of the day with about 2 3.5-3 hr naps. She slept almost all last night and all day today. Should I be worried? She is 5 weeks old. The schedule btw was not imposed. This was her natural rhythym.

I am a...

Cloth diapering, Breast Feeding, Selective Vaxxing, Co-sleeping, ERF to the MAX, non-CIO, Wiccan, Gay Rights Supporting, Outdoorsy, Crafty, Animal loving,  Girl Scout Supporting, College Educated, Army Wife, Other culture absorbing, liberal, SAHM, to one beautiful baby girl.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Chrissy9479
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Growth spurt maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmirnLexcimom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I really wouldn't worry about it to much my baby is only 3 weeks old and all he do is sleep, during the day and during the night. You say she doesn't have a temp so its nothing else that it could be, if so you would think that she would be fussy or something. Just continue to watch her and check the temp occasionaly, don't stress yourself.

armywife43
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM

sounds like a growth spurt. my son went through like 3 or 4 of those before he turned 1, and he would sleep all day, all night, only waking up to eat, then he'd be right back to sleep. he slept right through his first thanksgiving too lol. just enjoy it while you can, cuz when she's 20 months, you'll be pulling your hair out, if not wondering how you're not in a loony bin yet lmao!

Coasties_Girl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Naw. They sleep alot off and on when they are that little. I remember DS doing this. I freaked out the first time and called pedi and said he was lathargic. They had me bring him in and he was all alert and fine, with all the noise and lights there. As long as the baby is feeding normal and having 6+ wet diapers a day. Dont worry about it mamma!

joci2203
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:29 PM

It's probably just a growth spurt, don't worry!

mslyricalbedlam
by on May. 25, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Quoting Chrissy9479:

Growth spurt maybe?

That's my first thought.

"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids."
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on May. 25, 2010 at 3:41 AM

She's probably going through the "6 week" growth spurt. Babies sleep a lot during growth spurts because growth happens while the body is at rest. :-)

Munchkin09
by on May. 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM

She may be going thru a growth spurt BUT I ALWAYS call the pediatrician to ask. 

Trust me, they expect LOTS of calls from new moms.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Don't worry, just let her sleep!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)