Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am pretty sure my baby is tongue tied.....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:37 PM
  • 17 Replies

Well here's the only pic that i have from her tongue. As you can see her tongue curves and thats all she can stick it out. I havent been able to breastfeed becuase she only latches on to my nipple and its really painful. When eating her bottle she clicks her tongue and loses the latch and spills milk over the sides. So its more that she spills than she eats. We have tried changing the bottle nipples and that doesnt seem to fix the problem. When she had her 2 week well check up i mentioned it to her doctor but she said that it looked like she had a mild case but it was too early to tell but i knew since the day she was born that that tongue was going to cause problems. She has an appointment tommorrow with her PED so im hoping they do something about it becuase she hardly wants to eat now. Does any moms have babies that had this or have this? What was done? Thanks

If you dont know please bump

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joci2203
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:38 PM

BUMP!

Coasties_Girl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:43 PM

My DS was tongue tied. It means that little piece of skin on the under side of the tongue that connects it right under the inside of the bottom teeth, is too short. They numb it and clip it a little bit to give more freedom and range to the tongues movements.

Here is a clear pic of a tongue tie.

My Little Miracle

Born July 21st 2009

mommytoMandC
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Besides my daughters dimples, her tongue being tied was the first thing I noticed about her...Nobody wanted to do anything about it, saying they would only do something if she couldn't eat or had problems speaking. Well since I figured she probably wasn't going to start talking right away, I didn't know what to do. My nipples were so sore and I had to pump all the time or use a nipple shield otherwise I would bleed. Finally at 3 months, I took her in for a check up and complained yet again...so he clipped it, right then and there...she cried for maybe 2 minutes, and by the time we got to the truck and she latched on she was fine. As soon as my nipples healed, all problems gone.   I say keep bugging them, find someone who will help. If it's done now, then maybe her speach won't be affected.

hope that helps some!

rosereed
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:04 PM

BUMP!

mslyricalbedlam
by on May. 25, 2010 at 2:51 AM

BUMP!

chrissy8907
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2010 at 2:54 AM
I'm not sure but I will give you and bump and I love her outfit lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on May. 25, 2010 at 2:55 AM

i had never heard of this so heres a bump.

DeziiRee
by on May. 25, 2010 at 3:00 AM

my hubby was tongue tied, and they waited to long and his didnt get clipped enough. he gets upset bc it hurts him to have very long convo's. i would bug and bug and bug the hell out of the ped to get something done. they could have done hubs when he was still in the hospital but his mom never pushed it.

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on May. 25, 2010 at 3:36 AM

bump

hjbutterfly01
by on May. 25, 2010 at 1:08 PM

my 16 yr old had it too when she was born. all they did was put her in the hospital and cut it. she was there for 3 days. and she has no problems now. get it done now or when she talks u will not be able to under stand her. good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)