Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

swimming for babies

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:28 AM
  • 13 Replies
How old would someone recommend a baby should be before taking him/her swimming? Mines 6 months, do you think that's to young?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alannahs_mommy1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

I took my daughter swimming at 6months, as long as ur baby can hold his/her head up u should be fine

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I would say 6 months is fine :]

Destiny22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:45 AM
Thank you me and my husband are supposed to take our kids swimmin and I was worried if it would be safe or not for a 6 month old my other two girls are 7yrs old and 5 yrs old was just worried bout the baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alannahs_mommy1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:47 AM

my daughter loved the water, at 1st she was surprised but now she cries when u take her out of a pool

robin1725
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Abigail is going to be 6 months tomorrow (well technically she is today since it's past midnight) and we took Abigail to the pool for the first time on Sunday. She LOVED it!!! I can't wait to take her back. Everything that I've read and my pediatrician said around 6 months is safe. Just make sure you use sunscreen (it's safe at this point) and don't have your little one in the direct sun. I covered her in sunscreen, put a hat on her and most of the time she was in her baby boat with a canopy over her.

CafeMom Tickers
babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM

You're welcome:] Cool, think that would be fun and a great water experience too.

**Let us know how it goes ;]

Quoting Destiny22:

Thank you me and my husband are supposed to take our kids swimmin and I was worried if it would be safe or not for a 6 month old my other two girls are 7yrs old and 5 yrs old was just worried bout the baby

Destiny22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:58 AM
Wow your baby is only 2 days younger than mine

Quoting robin1725:

Abigail is going to be 6 months tomorrow (well technically she is today since it's past midnight) and we took Abigail to the pool for the first time on Sunday. She LOVED it!!! I can't wait to take her back. Everything that I've read and my pediatrician said around 6 months is safe. Just make sure you use sunscreen (it's safe at this point) and don't have your little one in the direct sun. I covered her in sunscreen, put a hat on her and most of the time she was in her baby boat with a canopy over her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Destiny22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Ok I will let ya know how it goes thanks for yours and everyone elses help

Quoting babygomez:

You're welcome:] Cool, think that would be fun and a great water experience too.

**Let us know how it goes ;]

Quoting Destiny22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fayad.mommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:01 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Dd is 7 months and I put her feet in the water and she just laughs and seems to really like it. Once it warms back up I will have to take her in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fayad.mommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:01 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Dd is 7 months and I put her feet in the water and she just laughs and seems to really like it. Once it warms back up I will have to take her in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)