Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No more...mama needs some sleep.

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM
  • 9 Replies

So I'm tired as hell and still awake b/c I am trying to get my babies to get used to sleeping through the night w/o having a bottle.
They'll be 1 year old this Saturday and have yet to sleep through the night for more than 2 nights in a row and that hasn't happened in about 8 months.
I know they're not hungry...it's just a habit for them and I need to break it.
I feel horrible, but I NEED sleep.
One of them is awake right now so I have my ipod on and I go in there every 10 minutes or so, pat him on the butt and tell him it's ok and then walk right back out.
Their nursery is attached to our bedroom and there's no door separating our rooms....just a doorway, so it's not like I can just go to bed and go to sleep.
I just might be sleeping on the couch for a few days until this ends.

Ugh, I hope this doesn't go on for too much longer. 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DeziiRee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:21 AM

good luck do they take paci's that could help...also try swaddling them again, they just want the comfort. and as long as you are checking they will be fine.

Amanda904
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Nope no paci's...they took them for about a month after they were born and that's about it.
I haven't tried swaddling in a long time...I'll have to go tomorrow to get something big enough to swaddle them and see if that works. 

Quoting DeziiRee:

good luck do they take paci's that could help...also try swaddling them again, they just want the comfort. and as long as you are checking they will be fine.

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Stick to it & be consistent momma!!:] Keep going in to lay him back down until he finally gets it that it's time to sleep, eventually he'll get it and you'll get some sleep of your own ;] You can do it.

Amanda904
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Thank you...I gotta do it, there's no other choice b/c I feel like the walking dead.

Quoting babygomez:

Stick to it & be consistent momma!!:] Keep going in to lay him back down until he finally gets it that it's time to sleep, eventually he'll get it and you'll get some sleep of your own ;] You can do it.

Fayad.mommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:26 AM
I would put water in a bottle cause I knew he wasn't hungry and he finally didn't want to get up just for water and slept through the night! Good luck mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda904
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Thank you!  I'll take any suggestions I can get b/c if I have a list, then I can keep trying stuff until I find something that works.

Quoting Fayad.mommy:

I would put water in a bottle cause I knew he wasn't hungry and he finally didn't want to get up just for water and slept through the night! Good luck mama.

BabyBumbleBee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Good luck... let me know if it works.  My son is 10 months and we are struggling with the same thing.  He wakes up at least once a night to nurse.  He goes right back to sleep, but it's still annoying having to get up.  I can't imagine what it's like with 2!  Good luck mama!

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 1:31 AM

You're welcome :] Hope it works for you & your son...

Quoting Amanda904:

Thank you...I gotta do it, there's no other choice b/c I feel like the walking dead.

Quoting babygomez:

tangleballlover
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM

I was going to also suggest water in the bottle. By 7 months, night feedings are no longer needed and that's the best time to break them of it. They will be angry and fuss about the water, but after a couple days they won't wake up for a feeding.

The other option (which can be more of a hassle, I think) is to prolong the feeding. When they wake up, try and postpone it for 5 to 10 minutes. Keep postponing it each night and eventually they will stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)