• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Outgrowing swing soon...Anything else as good?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:46 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hello!

Having a little swing in our kitchen has been my saviour as far as preparing meals and preparing  baby bottles. My DD often plays nicely and falls asleep.  I understand the swing I have is only good for 4-5 months (DD is almost 4 months but is very big).  There will be a big gap in our kitchen routine when this is gone... Any suggestions for keeping baby happy and preoccupied while I cook (and have my morning coffee!!)? I tried putting her little rocking chair in the kitchen, but I guess she doesn't like being down so low..

Thank you :)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Nicholas8
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:04 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chrissy9479
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:10 AM

jumperoo! that will keep her busy for hours! lol or an exersaucer or walker.

rockinmomto2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Swings are good for between 15 and 25 lbs. You should check to see how big she can get and still be in the swing. Otherwise, get an excersaucer or a jumperoo. My baby is 5 1/2 months, and she's been in her jumperoo for a couple weeks now.

renrut3907
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Exercauser, walker....oh trust me, she will love this stuff way more than a swing cause she can move!!  I think a jumperoo is a must for every little one but my daughter couldn't use it til about 7 months or so.

Nighttiger
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:28 AM

We just put him in his high chair with some toys

lizmarie1975
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:42 AM

I wish I could help.  I have a swing AND a jumperoo and my 8 month old HATES both of them.  They're just taking up space these days.

-PB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM

My DD never liked her swing much but she loves her jumperoo.  Here's the one I got...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3954743

Schleetle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting Chrissy9479:

jumperoo! that will keep her busy for hours! lol or an exersaucer or walker.

butterflyblu
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:07 PM

My baby stopped liking the swing around 3 months.  He couldn't see much and hated laying down!  So he has an Exersaucar and a Jumperoo which he loves.  Sometimes when I'm cooking I'll put him in his bouncy seat and he enjoys watching me.  It has a toy bar that attaches too. 

mslyricalbedlam
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Jumparoo or Exersaucer!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)