• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Savings?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM
  • 12 Replies

Do you put money away each month in a savings acct?

Loving my Clammies in The CLAMHOUSE

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM

No, we don't. We only have a checking account and our daughter has her own savings account, we try and put in there as often as we can or when she gets money from family :]

jessieS
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

we put money into savings each paycheck

mrs.pasternak
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM

we put money in once a week!!!!  Its easy an we don't even miss the money!!

tangleballlover
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM

We used to put money in the savings acct...the last time we did was when we put a huge chunk in after tax returns came. We're waiting for DH's stepdad to let us know when he's ready to do the body work on DH's car and we don't want to take money out of savings to do that...so once the body work is paid for...we'll start putting money back in savings from each paycheck :)

Sam.Marie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:18 AM

No we dont but we have a good chuck of money in the savings account with a high interest rate.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Now that DH got a promotion & pay increase we'll start putting a little bit into savings each paycheck.

JasonsMom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I have it set up so $20 is automatically transferred to our savings account each week.  I don't even notice it missing.  I hope to increase that soon!

butterflyblu
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:04 PM

YES.  Every paycheck we put money into savings.  DH gets paid twice a month.

jessicaaris
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I used to do it a lot more regularly but I don't even remember the last time I did. I need to be better about it though, even just $5 a week or something so it keeps me from spending it. Things are just tight right now (like always, lol) so savings is not my first priority, which is totally backwards I know. I used to be good about putting money in my son's savings account too but haven't done that in a while also. I think we both have like $10 in ours, lol.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
lovemy2boys39
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:39 PM

No. I don't have a savings account for my kids yet. Some of my older son's money is in our savings account. Hoepfully soon we will be able to start a savings account for both boys. Whenever my youngest gets money from someone I do put away for him. I try to do the same with my oldest but he always wants to buy something with his money.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)