• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just a vent,dont bash

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

ok first of all i just want to say i love my family and i love taking care of them. that being said....i just had my baby 3 weeks ago and never got to rest...the day after i had her i went home..day after that back to taking care of everything..hubby went back to work (works nights 12 hrs) and i have a 2 yr old. this past sunday i got the flu from my 2 yr old..so i was sick out of my mind and my body was aching and i jus couldnt take it and i had to take care of the kids...hubby wouldnt leave work for me.(that pissed me off) he promised to take care of me the next day. next day he came home and slept...i was still sick and aching and plus my back problems were 20x worse and somehow both kids and hubby were sleeping on me!!!! meanwhile im in so much pain and uncomfertable and plus had to feed newborn every 2 hrs i had no freakin sleep!!! then yesterday hubby gets sick and i took care of him( cuz he was in TERRIBLE pain) and the kids and again everyone sleepin on me and i still have no sleep. i was up all night takin care of hubby and baby. ...anyone see anything wrong with this? i mean no one gave a damn about me bein sick..or tired as hell or in pain...havent since i been home. not a how ya feelin? are you ok? do you need sleep? i know its my job to take care of my family and i will do it proudly...i jus wish someone in this house cared about me or appreciated me and jus gave me a lil bit of a break. and i wish my hubby would say hunnie im so sorry now i understand how much pain you were in and i shoulda came home and took care of you im so sorry or something of that sort! anyways sorry so long. just needed to get it off my chest so i wouldnt be mad about it.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tangleballlover
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:43 AM

((HUGS))

Next time give your s/o a swift kick in the butt from me...he should have been a little more compassionate and sacrificed a little to help you out while you were sick.

momOF2Girls0710
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM

thank you...and soon as he's feelin better i will give a nice kick lol...idk i guess im upset cuz i wanted him to feel like omg my s/o is extremely sick and in terrible pain she comes first.....sigh...besides he knows ive had terrible back problems the past 2 yrs so bein hunched over a toilet and in more pain he shouldve been more considerate

samanthabecker
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Oh I know how that goes.  The only time I can get sick is on the weekend, and that is only if I don't have to watch kids(I do daycare) because if I am sick when I have kids, dh won't change them and will stuff them full of junk food or not feed them at all.  And then I am lucky if dh will actually feed the babies real food.  Its really a guy thing to think that we can handle everything on our own even when we are deathly ill, but as soon as they get sick they are allowed to be huge babies.  My dh is a huge baby when anything is wrong with him.

momOF2Girls0710
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:59 AM

yups thats exactly right..somehow we're suppose to be superwoman and deal with it but they're allowed to be huge babies like you said...im like ok your like twice my size! and your bein twice the baby...which was kinda cute and pathetic but still....not fair

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)