• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMGosh!! Did I just say that?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM
  • 17 Replies

When you were growing up did your parents say things to you that you promised yourself that you would NEVER say? And now that you're a parent do you find yourself saying that exact phrase? And what was the phrase?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LogansMommy0328
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:34 PM
Oh yes when I would get in trouble didn't matter whatever it was she always told me to“ straighten up and fly right” now I find myself saying it to my son but he will be 2 in july sometimes it just comes out lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Oh yes when I would get in trouble didn't matter whatever it was she always told me to“ straighten up and fly right” now I find myself saying it to my son but he will be 2 in july sometimes it just comes out lol

Tee Hee!

Sam.Marie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM

because I said so...... I say that a lot now!

mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Quoting Sam.Marie:

lol! Me too and I hated when my birth dad used to say that to me.

sillythang87
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Quoting mommyhonu:

Quoting Sam.Marie:

lol! Me too and I hated when my birth dad used to say that to me.

COMPLETELY AGREE!!!

sweetgrlangel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM
My parents always threatened me with in a inch of my life lol. My parents always said "don't make me get the belt/cheese board!". The belt was the same belt that my grandfather used on my mother, it has no belt buckle. I got it a few times with both! I say "don't make me get my spoon!" Actually its my middle child I threaten but he knows I won't do it. I just put him in the corner! My parents use to threaten me with going to bed with no dinner, that happened too!! I use that but I cave and give pb&j!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM

BUMP!

alandou
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 5:23 PM

"cool it!" or "you better straighten up little missy!" so funny b/c i was thinkin about that the other day. dd is kicking and screaming at me for no reason lately.

JavaMama11309
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I don't say this yet, but I'm sure I will "Think about what you say and do before you say and do it!" "Because I said so" and "You'd better straighten up right now!" My son's only 7 months so my time is coming!

jessnjosh87
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Don't cry, or I'll give you something to cry about.

If my child wants to cry, I will let them!! Might walk away from them, but they can cry!! Jeez.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)