• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP with my 21 month old!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have a 21 month old, who is usually the best little person ever. Recently, however, he's not acting quite right. I thought at first this fussiness was due to his schedule being off (due to us moving and yard selling, then with me going into labor) but its continued. Im not seeing any new teeth coming in, and his ears are clear...he's had a low grade fever, and hasn't been eating as much as usual. Today, i noticed he has a rash of tiny tiny little red spots all over him (which i first thought was heat, but it didn't go away). Now my mother-in-law has kept him at her house just in case he's sick, so he doesnt get my 3 day old sick. Anyone ever had this? are there teeth i may not be seeing? His dr always just says "give him tylenol for his fever and thats all you can do" so he's no help.

Im just really hoping maybe another mommy may have had this. Thank you in advance!

I am a SELECTIVELY Vaccinating, Co-Sleeping, Breastfeeding, Feed-on-demand  Anti-CIO, circumsicing, Baby wearing, Momma to a SIDS angel. Catholic, WAHM, ENGAGED, Video game-playing type of mommy. Who are YOU to judge ME!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Is it possible that he may have chicken pox?

ieatfortwo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:04 PM

He already got the vaccine 2 months ago...

Quoting mommyhonu:

I am a SELECTIVELY Vaccinating, Co-Sleeping, Breastfeeding, Feed-on-demand  Anti-CIO, circumsicing, Baby wearing, Momma to a SIDS angel. Catholic, WAHM, ENGAGED, Video game-playing type of mommy. Who are YOU to judge ME!

mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Hmmmm ... Idk, is it possible that he's having an allegic reaction to something?

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:19 PM

It's still possible he got chicken pox even after receiving the vaccine...

Did the rash start in a certain area?Or just all over?

Quoting ieatfortwo:

Quoting mommyhonu:

ieatfortwo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:08 PM

just all over. and it doesnt itch him at all. he doesnt seem to notice it. He hasnt been around other children, or any changes in his environment.

Quoting MrsApple:

It's still possible he got chicken pox even after receiving the vaccine...

Did the rash start in a certain area?Or just all over?

Quoting ieatfortwo:

Quoting mommyhonu:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)