Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tips on how to get baby to sleep in crib?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

when  i was first pregnant i was really sick. then when i had her it wasnt any better, so she'd end up sleeping with us because i was too sick to get out of bed to put her in her bed. now she can sleep in other things but chooses not to stay in there the entire night. her crib has never been used. what is the best way to get baby to sleep in crib

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM

How old is your LO? If she's old enough try laying her on her tummy and patting her on the diaper. It will take time for LOs to adjust to a new sleep space. Start with laying her down in her crib when she takes a nap.

MommyRJ
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM

best tip- just keep trying.

whenever she falls asleep with you or anywhere, take her to her crib.. Just keep trying and shell be okay with it eventually.

TexasRDA
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:14 PM

A lot of sleepless nights.  Sorry, but I'm on my third and I made the mistake of letting all three of them get used to sleeping in my bed and paid the price. My two older kids were in my bed for at least a year, and the newest is still in my bed at 5 months old.  I can always get them to sleep in the crib for a little while, but when they wake up they never learned how to soothe themselves back to sleep.  They get used to your smell and sounds and then they don't know how to sleep without them.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I agree :]

Quoting mommyhonu:

How old is your LO? If she's old enough try laying her on her tummy and patting her on the diaper. It will take time for LOs to adjust to a new sleep space. Start with laying her down in her crib when she takes a nap.

mommijessie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM

she can take naps in her crib and at night when she falls asleep for like good she can sleep most of the night in her bouncer, but once she wakes up she wont go back to sleep in the bouncer or crib. she pretty much naps for half hour and then wakes up because shes not with me

Chrissy9479
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM

do you use a paci? my son slept with me for the first 3 months and then i gradually moved him to his crib, which is in my room, i would put him to bed in there after he was asleep and then when he woke up for his 4am feeding, he would sleep with me because he wouldn't stay asleep in his crib. but now i make him stay there until he falls asleep. the paci worked well with helping him to soothe himself back to sleep. and now he will try to wake up between feedings and i give him the paci and hes back out in no time!  i also have one of those things that plays music and has lights on it, it hangs on his crib and he will watch that and fall asleep too.  he is now 5 months and will, most of the time, stay in the crib all night now.   good luck!!!

mslyricalbedlam
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Quoting TexasRDA:

A lot of sleepless nights.  Sorry, but I'm on my third and I made the mistake of letting all three of them get used to sleeping in my bed and paid the price. My two older kids were in my bed for at least a year, and the newest is still in my bed at 5 months old.  I can always get them to sleep in the crib for a little while, but when they wake up they never learned how to soothe themselves back to sleep.  They get used to your smell and sounds and then they don't know how to sleep without them.

I am having this problem now =(

"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids."
ladykoontz
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM

our boy was sleeping on a sleep incline in his bassinet and i moved that to his crib then folded blankets around it so it feels like a smaller space. he's slept through the night ever since we started putting him there. every now and then he'll wake up for a minute or two, we just go in and pat his chest for a little while and he goes back to sleep.

TexasRDA
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM

I'm getting used to it by now.

Quoting mslyricalbedlam:

Quoting TexasRDA:

I am having this problem now =(

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)