Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those Childhood Pets♥

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

Did you have a childhood pet or pets??

What were they & what was his/her name??

The 2 main pets i had were a dog named Bandit & a cat named Bear who knew how to use the toilet! Pretty cool :]

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I wasn't allowed pets :(

AJsMama09
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I had a dog named Bullet.  He was the best dog ever.  I think we had a cat named Maggie for a little while too.

tangleballlover
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM

When I turned 4, we got Babers, a purebred Cocker Spaniel. She was supposed to be spayed, but ended up pregnant (which we didn't know...she was old and we just thought she was finally gaining back weight). She had puppies a month and a day after Christmas the year I turned 6. She had 5, but only 3 made it. One of them we kept. He was half cocker spaniel, half rat terrier and his name was Jake. My mom had to put him to sleep last August. :( I miss him like crazy.

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Awwww :[

Quoting mommyhonu:

I wasn't allowed pets :(

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Cool, my uncle's dog was named Bullet :]

Quoting AJsMama09:

I had a dog named Bullet.  He was the best dog ever.  I think we had a cat named Maggie for a little while too.

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM

I love Cocker Spaniel's! I want one some day.

I'm sorry Jake had to be put to sleep. Losing a pet any way is a very very tough thing to deal with.

Quoting tangleballlover:

When I turned 4, we got Babers, a purebred Cocker Spaniel. She was supposed to be spayed, but ended up pregnant (which we didn't know...she was old and we just thought she was finally gaining back weight). She had puppies a month and a day after Christmas the year I turned 6. She had 5, but only 3 made it. One of them we kept. He was half cocker spaniel, half rat terrier and his name was Jake. My mom had to put him to sleep last August. :( I miss him like crazy.

mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM

now that I think of it my Auntie-Mom & Uncle-Dad gave me a bunny that stayed at their house. I named her Sandy. (I loved Grease and my fav name was Sandy.) But the stupid neighborhood dog broke into her cage and ate her :..(

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Awww again! l0l

But that's great you at least had Sandy ;] Thanks to Auntie & Uncle!

Quoting mommyhonu:

now that I think of it my Auntie-Mom & Uncle-Dad gave me a bunny that stayed at their house. I named her Sandy. (I loved Grease and my fav name was Sandy.) But the stupid neighborhood dog broke into her cage and ate her :..(

tangleballlover
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I think that they are the very best breed of dog. We have a lab mix right now...and I don't like her at all. I think she's clumsy and stupid. Jake was so good natured and just SO smart. And very protective.

I wish my mom would've put him to sleep earlier...spaniels have cataract issues and Jake had been blind for nearly 2 years. He had a hard time getting around and was pretty miserable. He was 14 years old too.

Quoting babygomez:

I love Cocker Spaniel's! I want one some day.

I'm sorry Jake had to be put to sleep. Losing a pet any way is a very very tough thing to deal with.

Quoting tangleballlover:

alandou
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 5:10 PM

i always wanted a puppy. one night mom and i took dinner out to my dad at work and i was sitting on the ledge of the truck window looking up at the sky and i saw a falling star. i made a wish and it came true! i got my puppy. it was a german shepard and her name was shotgun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)