Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Car Rearview Mirror

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:49 PM
  • 24 Replies

Did/Do you use a Baby Car Rearview Mirror??

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-PB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:51 PM

I don't have one.  I've heard that they can be considered unsafe.

teachmichele825
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I did when he was RFing and now that is if FF, I have one that clips onto my rearview mirror.

kansan-moma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:52 PM

unsafe?  i dont have one but i didnt know that.

Mommi2KnQ
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:54 PM

never used one but always thought they were neat!

Honeybun09
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM

No I don't! I want one though.

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM

i don't use one ... but then again I no longer drive ... it's scarey driving. I sit in the backseat with baby.

brandiaubrey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Yes!!!! I look in it all the time. LOL She is still rear facing and when she is forward facing I will get one that hooks on the rear view mirror. I don't think I could handle not having one. I love being able to see her.

-PB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Quoting kansan-moma:

unsafe?  i dont have one but i didnt know that.

Yea, thats just what I heard from some ppl.  They are just as distracting as texting and driving and if not put on correctly they can fly off and hit the baby in the event of an accident.  I don't really know if I believe the flying off part but I can see it being a distraction.  Again just what I've heard.  Some may be safer then others.  IDK

aoaks2009
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I dont have one, but i heard that they can be projected during a collision. I guess if it was somehow attached to the actual car like your rearview mirror is (unlikely to remove during a collision) it would be ok.

NursyLori
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:33 AM

No.  The police officer that installed our car seat told us they were dangerous.  He also said not to hang toys because they can come loose and fly through the air if you were to have to stop suddenly or have a collision.  I read a good quote about the mirrors once that said "If you hear them crying, all you will see is a crying baby and if you hear silence, all you will see is a sleeping baby."  They are also distracting to the driver.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)