Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your parents divorced?? How long were they married??

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM
  • 20 Replies

If your parents are divorced...how long were they married??

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 5:23 PM

yep mine are divorced. They were married for only 5 yrs. Long enough for my birth mom to get her green card. Oh yeah she had me to secure her status, she admitted it to me. (Sorry don't mean to be a downer)

JavaMama11309
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:24 PM

My parents are divorced and were together almost 22 years. They married at 18 & 19 b/c they were pregnant and ended up staying together even after they lost that baby and then the next one as well. I was the first to make it then my brother 6 yrs later. They divorced b/c of alcoholism and drugs.

Sam.Marie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM

they were married for like 10yrs in that time they had my 2 sisters and my brother, they divorced then about 4 yrs after that had a one night stand together and produced me!

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 5:31 PM

That's ok momma..thank you for sharing. You're a WAY better mommy because of it all i'm sure of that ;]

Quoting mommyhonu:

yep mine are divorced. They were married for only 5 yrs. Long enough for my birth mom to get her green card. Oh yeah she had me to secure her status, she admitted it to me. (Sorry don't mean to be a downer)

mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 26, 2010 at 5:33 PM

mahalo for saying so :)

Quoting babygomez:

That's ok momma..thank you for sharing. You're a WAY better mommy because of it all i'm sure of that ;]

Quoting mommyhonu:

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 5:33 PM

My parents were married for 14 years before they divorced when i was 9 years old.

kristal2146
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:33 PM

my parents were never married but they were together for less than a year before they broke up

Army_Wife41
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:34 PM

10 years

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Thank you for sharing :] 22 years is a long time.

Quoting JavaMama11309:

My parents are divorced and were together almost 22 years. They married at 18 & 19 b/c they were pregnant and ended up staying together even after they lost that baby and then the next one as well. I was the first to make it then my brother 6 yrs later. They divorced b/c of alcoholism and drugs.

tangleballlover
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:39 PM

My parents were never together. I'm kind of glad. My bio dad seems like a douche. He had 2 kids with his first wife before the one night stand with my mom and had 4 other kids after me by 2 other women. My mom isn't really the smartest and didn't go after him for never paying child support. He owed her/me over $6,000.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)