Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting concerned now....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

For the past several months my son has been bashing his head on the floor when he doesn't get his way. I asked the doctor about it but he just said it is normal and let him do it cause if we say no he will do it more. At the time it sounded like good advice and actually made sense to me. Now it is still continuing and he is smashing his head harder and more often. I am really worried that he is going to knock himself out. I am having a really hard time believing that this is normal. Is anyone else going through this? Any advice for me? I am really getting worried.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lakens_mommy
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM

My son did it for the longest time. He started doing it a little before he was a year old. He's two now and doesn't do it that often.  He stopped doing it once he was able to start communicating better. There was nothing we could do to keep him from doing it. I hope everything gets better!

expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Thanks. I guess I will have to wait it out.

Quoting lakens_mommy:

My son did it for the longest time. He started doing it a little before he was a year old. He's two now and doesn't do it that often.  He stopped doing it once he was able to start communicating better. There was nothing we could do to keep him from doing it. I hope everything gets better!

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM

BUMP!

Honeybun09
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:49 PM

BUMP!

MamaK1985
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I wouldn't worry to much about it. If your worried about him knocking himself out slip a pillow under his head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)