• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can take my whiny fussy baby .no bashing please.

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM
  • 25 Replies
Lately my sons teething he is always crying and fussing . I feel so useless and at time i cant take it . I just wanna walk out the room . Feel like such a bad mother i just dont know what to do for him to make him comfortable .what do i do? When will this stop?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM

try the teething tablets. they really helped my DS. If you have to leave him somewhere safe toregain your control for a few minutes that is A-OK! That's the best thing to do when you get frustrated.

Journey311
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I second the teething tablets!  They did wonders for my son's fussiness when he was teething.  And you're not a bad mother.  Every mom has felt like that at some point. :)

joci2203
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us.  Just know that your little one is in pain and you just need to be strong for him:)

tangleballlover
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Try frozen fruits or frozen waffles in those little netted things. Munchkin makes them and you can find them at Walmart or Target.

OR

Wet the corner of a washcloth and freeze it and let him gnaw on it.

OR

if you are desperate, let him gnaw on your finger and massage his gums.

We've all been there at one point or another. ((HUGS))

tiffnay14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:38 PM
But its an everyday thing i love my son to death . But this teething stuff has been going on for about 2 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moodywife

my 8 month old cries 90% of the time,there is NOTHING I can do most of the time,he has bad reflux and stuff too its hard,but teething tablets work great! So do biter biscuits depending on how old,I say just walk away,give yourself some time,youd be a worse mom if you let your anger get the best of you

momma_2b_2010

baby tylenol, bby oragel, teething tablets, get teethers and put the in the freezer and let him chew on them.

hopefully he will calm down. and then you can relax:)

GL

Chrissy9479

when that happens to me, i will put him in his swing, turn it on, give him a toy and just go in the other room for a few minutes to calm down.  but defintely try the teething tablets or orajel, and some tylenol will help too. don't feel like a bad mom, it happens to all of us!  good luck!!

tangleballlover
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM

That's how my DS was. It's hard some days.

Quoting tiffnay14:

But its an everyday thing i love my son to death . But this teething stuff has been going on for about 2 months

2pittsburghboys
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM

My friend suggested giving them a cold carrot...Supervised obviously and it works great...I was really surprised...Good Luck and like the other momma said if you have to walk away for a few minutes it's ok just put him in his crib he is safe there and will be fine...Good Luck Momma we have all been there and know how you feel :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)