• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please tell me I'm not the only one!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:35 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok please tell me I'm not the only one who does this. I'll hear my DS poop and I'm like ok just wait a few minutes and make sure he's done, because if not he'll poop as soon as I put the clean diaper on. then 45 minutes later realize that something really stinks... oh crap! forgot to change the baby!!!! lol  i swear, i have THE WORST mommy brain!!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I know I did that more than once,lol.

JBDslittlemam08
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I've done that a few times.

norahsmommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:38 PM

yes I have done this. I have 3 kids and sometimes I get distracted. I feel horrible about it when it happens and always give dd a bath and a good rub down with a homemade balm for her tush that keeps the rashes away.  Its coconut oil that has had calandula, lavender, chamamile, rose petals, elder flowers steeped in it and then strained and melted bee's waxed added to make it more firm.  I also add jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil.  Very good for little tushies.

lundaylove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:39 PM

ive done it a few times. im easily distracted with my 3 toddlers

Chrissy9479
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM

i always put vaseline on after a poopy diaper anyways and he is 5 months old and no rashes so far! it defintely helps i think anyways.  i'm glad its not just me though, makes me feel better lol. and i do feel so bad once i realize that its been longer than just a few minutes.

meglennox
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:49 PM

lol yep, too many times i want to admit too. :) i don't really do it with my youngest because he constipates really easily and i'm alway trying to help him get it out(srry if that's a bit tmi) but with my oldest i did it constently! he had a habbit of going poo and then pooing more 10min later. so i'd wait and then get into something else. lol what sucked for me is when i'd decide to wait and then he'd fall asleep for his nap. i didn't know what to do! wake him to change him and risk him not falling back to sleep? or leave him be and risk him getting a rash?? kwim?

Chrissy9479
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:53 PM

oh yeah I've had that happen!!! or he'll be nursing and poop while hes eating and then fall asleep right afterwards and I'm always like uh.... now what?? lol i usually end up changing him and he'll go right back to sleep, or sometimes not even wake up lol.

Quoting meglennox:

lol yep, too many times i want to admit too. :) i don't really do it with my youngest because he constipates really easily and i'm alway trying to help him get it out(srry if that's a bit tmi) but with my oldest i did it constently! he had a habbit of going poo and then pooing more 10min later. so i'd wait and then get into something else. lol what sucked for me is when i'd decide to wait and then he'd fall asleep for his nap. i didn't know what to do! wake him to change him and risk him not falling back to sleep? or leave him be and risk him getting a rash?? kwim?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 11:12 PM

BUMP!

mslyricalbedlam
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:11 AM

lol! yes I have...

mommy2xp
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Yep I have, most of the time while I'm waiting for her to finish she'll get hungry so I'llforget about the poo and feed her then when she's almost done eating I'll be like ugh what's that smell...and then I'm like duh forgot to change her. I usually just let her sleep since she's hard to get to sleep now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)