• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of 2+: I AM SO SAD AND SCARED :( Piog

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have no one else i can REALLY talk to about this. Hubby doesnt even get it.

I cried as i tucked my DD into bed tonight. She is so about mommy and I am so about her. She was laying there staring at me and whispering jibberish and rubbing my hair and saying mama's hair as i rubbed hers. I couldnt help but have tears. I feel like im going to break her spirit with another. :( I hope not and I hope she still loves mommy as much.     :( She's my angel baby! As much as i want this baby to come now, i also dont because i know it wont just be 'mommy and me'! :(  What makes it worse is we did it so they could be close in age and have each other as well!

What's the best advice you can give me because i am so sad and scared about this.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tscritch
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM

You and her both will be fine. I think just about every mommy has those same fears with the second one. :-)

ETA: Just make sure to include her with the new baby as much as possible. Also, set aside time for just you and her (and just daddy and her...and just the 3 of you).

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM

I don't have two yet, but i will soon.  I think the best thing you can do is to still be there when she needs you.  Maybe your new baby will be more of a daddy's baby.  Your newborn will obviously need you, but if your DH can do something (like change a diaper, etc) while you spend time with your first DD, it will help.  So she doesn't feel like the baby is replacing her.  She'll still be a momma's girl. :)

babygomez
by April on May. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM

feel better I don't have 2+ but i'm sure everything will work out as it unfolds momma :]

mom24147
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM

i was the same way, my daughter is 3 and for 3 years she was our only one and now we just had our second and before he came i cried and was sad because i felt like she wouldn't be my little girl anymore, but she still is and if it's possible i think i love her more, she is such a big help and loves the baby soo much. it's normal to have feeling like this, it will pass. she will always be your first little girl and she won't forget that!!!

mslyricalbedlam
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Quoting mom24147:

i was the same way, my daughter is 3 and for 3 years she was our only one and now we just had our second and before he came i cried and was sad because i felt like she wouldn't be my little girl anymore, but she still is and if it's possible i think i love her more, she is such a big help and loves the baby soo much. it's normal to have feeling like this, it will pass. she will always be your first little girl and she won't forget that!!!

Totally agree.

"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)