Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

monitors

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM
  • 7 Replies
Has anyone else had problems with baby monitors? We bought 3 from walmart in the past 2 years and each one's reciever's (the parent's) has quit working-no sound. The last one we got was a $50 model on clearance (new model coming out) with 2 light up parent recievers. One went after a few months. The second went 2 weeks ago. We've had them more than 90 days so we can't return them. But I'm sick of buying one nearly every year! I need ideas for decent priced models ($30 and under) and where to get them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mslyricalbedlam
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:07 AM

This is the one I have...it's $40 at Target and works good!

"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids."
JoeyJrsMomma
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I have this one and I love it. I've never had any problems with it. I got it on sale for $145 and had a coupon and a gift card from my shower so I only paid $75.

http://www.summerinfant.com/categories_products_view/16/Day-Night%AE-Handheld-Color-Video-Monitor.html

Marimaru
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I have the Sony babycall monitor with 2 receivers.  It's over your $30, I don't think you are going to find a good one for that low.

I haven't had mine very long, but my sister's youngest baby is 18 months, and one of her receivers was dropped in water, and still worked fine.

Artistachica
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Never had  a monitor.

jaclynojones
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:34 PM

If i were you i would call company who makes the monitors. This way they will handle the return and refund your money. Call them. look up their number and talk to a customer service rep. They will help you. Just make sure you tell them that you want your money back and the store refuses to honor it. Most major companies want to see happy customers.

It also helps if you mention that you make sure NEVER to recommend their company to all of your mommys that you speak to on a regular basis on a chat board..lol

Sounds mean but it works, and why should you have to pay for another monitor when you did nothing wrong to it.

Cody Joseph - Born Jan 18th, 2005

Olivia Rose- Born Nov 23, 2009

butterflyblu
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I have a Fisher Price.  It was only $20 at Target.  I've had it since my 2 1/2 yr old was born and it still works fine.  I rarely use monitors though.  I can hear my baby just fine without it.

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on May. 28, 2010 at 3:15 AM

We have the Sony baby call one ($35 at walmart online) and it works great. Been using the same one at church for 2.5 years so we bought one for ourselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)