Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

childcare poll

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:31 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: which would you prefer?

Options:

babysitter

nanny

daycare

family/friend

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 49

View Results

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sallymoon
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:09 AM

I need an "other" option... my husband and I work opposite days/shifts so that we can cover our son's childcare exclusively.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:26 AM
Can't vote on my phone but I would prefer family/friend. That's one of the biggest reasons I didn't go back to work. I didn't want him in daycare but there was nobody i knew that had 40 hours a week to watch him for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sillythang87
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:36 AM

my son has only ben watched by someone other than me 3 times, and only becasue i had to stay overnight in the hospital, then he stayed with his grandma- my mom

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:50 AM

My best friend and my family (mom, dad, sisters)  babysit for us.  We have had only 1 or 2other babysitters thru out the years, but they were close to the family.   I work weekends when Casey is hoem, so he stays with the kids  and I only work 1 day out of the week, and my sister babysitts that day!   They have never been in a daycare, we always just worked opposite each other!

Misery_Stitches
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I chose daycare - but I work there so the ones that look after my baby ARE friends lol... just "educated in early childhood friends"

babygomez
by April on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I chose Family/Friend. Which i really mean Family :]

robibuni
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Who WOULDN'T want a family member to keep their child when they can't be with them? That's the optimum choice, I would think.

My MIL was watching DD recently while I went back to work but with her living an hour away, we just couldn't afford to keep driving an hour to and from her home to pick up DD 5 days a week. That and I can't stand my MIL and the way she raises children...so the neighbor's 16 year old daughter is watching her. It may not be free, but I'm willing to pay a little so we can keep her closer.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:49 AM

If I had to choose,it would be family/friend or a live-in nanny.I was a live-in nanny and love the bond that can be made.

platt2mommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I am a SAHM but when hubby and I want to go out my mom is the only one that i ask to watch our kids! And my cousin has watched them on occasion! I don't think I could ever hire a sitter that I don't personally know...how do you know that they will changes diapers enough, know what I mean? Or snoop through my stuff, it's one thing if my own family is in my house snooping through my stuff but IDK...I just couldn't do it.

butterflyblu
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Family would be preferable but since we do not live near any family, daycare would be the next choice.  My 2 1/2 yr old son goes to daycare one day a week approximately and my baby will hopefully start going soon also. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)