Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does it ever stop?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:02 AM
  • 12 Replies

How old were your kids when you stopped getting up in the middle of the night to check on them? or do you still? 

my son is 5 months old and everytime i put him to sleep, i'll wake up an hour later to check on him lol, and hes in the same room as me, in his crib though. and most of the time i can hear him breathing or sucking on his paci, but if i can't i have to get up and check. I feel like a paranoid freak sometimes! lol.  does it ever stop or get easier to put them to bed?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM

it gets easier. lol. i dont wake to check on them but i will before i go to bed.

myoceanwaves
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Ha! It does get easier... my DD is 3 months and she sleeps in the same room as me. I'd check on her every 30 min or so... needless to say I hardly slept.  Eventually the need for sleep won and I only check on her if I wake up (or hear her stirring)...

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM

if I wake up at night I still sometimes check on my older two they are 4 and 7, but that is when I use the bathroom between ther rooms and in the winter when their doors are open anyways, I just peek in. The baby still wakes up at night some and she is in our room so I check on her more often, she is 7 months. She wil be ot of our room when she sleeps through the night better

Schleetle
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Oh... I think my sons were in pre-school before I stopped doing that to them. lol

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM

my oldest is 5 I will still check on her sometimes!!

mandyjh
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:01 PM

If I wake up I still have to check on my son and he is 4 lol, and of course I constantly check on my daughter she is only 7 weeks :)

MirandaPage
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM

When they started sleeping through the night, which was about 4 months old.

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Quoting mommy2xp:

my oldest is 5 I will still check on her sometimes!!

lol! Never stop checking on them =P

"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids."
lovemy2boys39
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:13 PM

My son is 7 months old and he just now started sleeping through the night.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM

yeah he doesn't sleep through the night yet, he always wakes up around 2-3am to eat and the goes back to sleep till around 6am.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)