Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nationwide PediaCare Medicine Recall

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

On the heels of the major Tylenol and Motrin recall comes another children's medicine recall. The FDA announced in a press release that all lots of four PediaCare medicines have been recalled (see photos of the labels here). The FDA says the recall was made as a precautionary measure because the factory where the medicines are made has not met the "FDA's current good manufacturing practice requirements."

No injuries or complaints from using the medicine have been reported, but PediaCare advises discontinuing the use of the following products:

1. PediaCare Multi-Symptom Cold 4oz. UPC # 3 0045-0556-05 9
2. PediaCare Long Acting Cough 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0465-04 7
3. PediaCare Decongestant 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0554-04 8
4. PediaCare Allergy and Cold 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0552-04 4

The company has compiled a list of FAQs about the recall, including where to find the NDC and lot numbers and expiration date on bottles, and how to get a replacement coupon for when the medicine becomes available again.

Stay up-to-date on other medicine recalls by checking our constantly updated recalls page.

http://forums.parenting.com/blogs/daily-fave/posts/nationwide-pediacare-medicine-recall?cid=fb

"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids."
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:15 PM

BUMP!

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:29 PM

That is B.S that they will not provide a refund for this product. Only a coupon for a replacement when it becomes available again. They are being cheap knowing that the customers will most likey NOT want to get this product again when it comes back out. At least the Tylenol and Motrin recall gave you a refund. I got a check in the mail from them.

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)