Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding in public?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:49 PM
  • 80 Replies

if you breastfeed, do you do it in public? do you cover up?

if you dont breastfeed, how do you feel about a woman nursing her child in public?

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, and handsome little man, Bryant Allyn (sucessful VBAC). Loving fiance to Lee. Cloth diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, NON-CIO, Non-Circumcising, Vaxing mommy turned to Select-VAXing!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I breastfeed in public when I need to. I just wear two shirts so I can pull one up and one down, and everything is covered.

Schleetle
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Yes, and I cover.... Although IDK how much longer I will be BFing DD is 6 months has been refusing to breastfeed the past couple days, and pumping is not keeping things going.

rebeccasmommy09
by Christina on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:52 PM

When my dd was younger I nursed her in public. I used a cover since I was more comfortable that way.

preacherskid
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I breastfeed in public, I just wear clothing that I know will cover what needs to be covered.  DD thinks blankets, cloths, etc on her head are for playing peek a boo with, so the discreet factor flies out the window at that point.  I did use a cover until we got the hang of it, then I just decided it was too much hassle lol.

SweetPea020403
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I nurse in public I try and use a blanket to cover her but it is more of a hassle

key2ynot
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I nurse in public - either with a lightweight cover or just by wearing clothing that I know won't show anything.  Ditto the PP who said baby plays peek-a-boo with the cover.....I'm fairly certain the guy sitting next to me at my brother's graduation may have gotten an eyeful!  LOL

I was much more hesitant with publicly breastfeeding my 2nd son (the first was 2 months early and I was only able to nurse for a few months) and would find a quiet room or nurse in the car or something.  Now, though I'll whip it out (figuratively speaking lol) whenever/whereever.  I even figured out how to nurse in my Moby wrap!  YAY!  I just don't care what someone else might think about it anymore - and I have a list of smartass responses stored in the back of my head if anyone gives me any trouble! LOL

WINLPHZTLOML
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I breastfeed in public when i have to. I cover up or i feed her in the car. Its more comfortable for me and her  in the car no one bothers us and she doesn't get distracted

ashleyrenee24
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I breastfeed in public without a cover. I find it unnecessary and uncomfortable for my baby.

WINLPHZTLOML
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:03 PM

could u pm me some of those smartass remarks. i was flipped off by some chick while i was nursing my baby in the car. and i could have used a good one to say back to her lol

Quoting key2ynot:

I nurse in public - either with a lightweight cover or just by wearing clothing that I know won't show anything.  Ditto the PP who said baby plays peek-a-boo with the cover.....I'm fairly certain the guy sitting next to me at my brother's graduation may have gotten an eyeful!  LOL

I was much more hesitant with publicly breastfeeding my 2nd son (the first was 2 months early and I was only able to nurse for a few months) and would find a quiet room or nurse in the car or something.  Now, though I'll whip it out (figuratively speaking lol) whenever/whereever.  I even figured out how to nurse in my Moby wrap!  YAY!  I just don't care what someone else might think about it anymore - and I have a list of smartass responses stored in the back of my head if anyone gives me any trouble! LOL

lovemy2boys39
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I don't breastfeed but I have no problem with a mother nursing in public.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)