Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Baby Can Read

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone used or is planning to use your baby can read learning system? If so when will you start your LO on it? Are you concerned about your baby watching tv at an early age? I would love to know what you all think about it.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tangleballlover
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I think it's ridiculous. But that's just me. I don't think there is any reason for a 9 month old to be able to read like that. And if I'm reading to them at home, I don't see the sense in wasting money on something like that.

I say, you're only a kid once. Let them be kids. Both my kids are very smart for their age and we never used that. I just read to them often (they love books) and we sing "educational" songs and watch shows that teach them stuff. My 3 year old is able to count to 20 in Spanish and he can count in 10s up to 100. He can recognize all the letters of the alphabet and sing the alphabet. He's not reading, but I don't want to force him. He's 3. Kwim?

butterflyblu
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM

It's just memorization. It doesn't really teach a baby/child to read.  I wouldn't waste my money.  Your baby will learn a whole lot more by you reading to him/her at an early age. 

Honeybun09
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:44 PM

BUMP!

Curlgurl
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:42 AM

I think it's ridiculous too.  Kids are in school plenty of years of their life and you don't want them becoming bored with learning at 3 years old.  They only have so many years they can just play and be kids as it is.  I learned most of my letters and numbers in kindergarten and was an excellent reader.  I think it's not important to push your kids that hard. Just my opinion though.

Stephie280
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:47 AM

I personally belive it is forcing kids to grow up to fast. Let them be a kid first.

momma_2b_2010
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:52 AM

i think it would be awsome! if it really works why not give ur child the upper hand?

i always hated reading soo much! so i was always a pretty slow reader. i want him to like it and be good at it.

im hoping some one gets it for my son for xmas lol, hel be 10 months then.

i was planning on teaching him in that same kind of way with flash cards. and thats what i will do if i dont get "ur bby can read"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)