Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby full of........

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

my 1 month old daughter is very gasy. she wont sleep long and shes very fussy. i give her gas drops but it doesnt sleem to help much. i called dr and they had me come in today but didnt tell me how to help her. they said she was fine, just has gas. im a first time mom and idk what to do. any advice

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
moodywife
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:02 PM

a little karo dark syrup in a bottle with formula or whatever you feed the baby,just enough to cover the bottom,and I know you said gas drops but those dont always work although they are awsome most of the time good luck!

devoted616
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM

can you buy it at walmart

Quoting moodywife:

a little karo dark syrup in a bottle with formula or whatever you feed the baby,just enough to cover the bottom,and I know you said gas drops but those dont always work although they are awsome most of the time good luck!

SamandBrian943
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Lay her on her back, hold her feet, and move her legs like she's riding a bicycle. Gently press her knees up to her chest a few times. It helps move the gas out. Lay her across your lap on her tummy so her tummy is against one of your thighs and gently jiggle the leg her tummy is on while patting her back. Both of these things worked wonders with all three of my kids.

kellyv22
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Burp more often during feedings.  You can also try Gripe Water (you can get it at Walmart)

key2ynot
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:16 PM

this and sometimes a warm compress can help too - I would prop DD on her tummy across a boppy and have a heating pad under her tummy.  Just do a low setting and don't let it direectly touch her skin.   DD also really liked the football hold (with her head tucked by my elbow, my hand supporting her abdomen and her arms/legs dangling on either side of my arm.)

Quoting SamandBrian943:

Lay her on her back, hold her feet, and move her legs like she's riding a bicycle. Gently press her knees up to her chest a few times. It helps move the gas out. Lay her across your lap on her tummy so her tummy is against one of your thighs and gently jiggle the leg her tummy is on while patting her back. Both of these things worked wonders with all three of my kids.

jeniemarie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:27 PM

If you have a Walgreens go to the baby section and get a bottle of Gripe water or the generic of it. It helps my DS when the gas drops didn't work. Do you BF? Are you eating something that could be causing gas like tomatos, or choclate or sometimes caffine?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
tatuchick4u2c
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:29 PM
I gave my ds a bit of chamomile tea when he was lil....I was against it in the beginning but got to my wits end and tried it just usually gave it to him after his bottle with a touch of sugar in it....he slept so much better after and seemed less gassy! I also agree with the across the lap thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I agree with the baby leg bicycles, burping more often, and gripe water (haven't heard of using the syrup before). If you are breastfeeding you may want to change some foods in your diet, if you are formula feeding maybe switch to a gentle formula, and see if it helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)