Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i am miscarrying.....question....please help.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:45 AM
  • 13 Replies

but not sure wtf is going on. 2 weeks ago I got a positive pregnancy test. 2 of them, actually. i was scared as i just had 2 c-sections in the past 1.5 yrs (son is 17 mo, daughter 4.5 months)...i had just had my gall bladder out a month and a half ago, and I have had been in and out of the hospital for the past 3 months, having cat scans, HIDA scans, a bunch of nuclear medicine pumped thru my veins (last was about 6 weeks ago).

I had a normal period from may 1 to may 5. I just got a bright positive result on 2 tests 2 weeks ago.

last night, i started cramping and bleeding, even more so today. dosent feel right....i have been very emotional, my breasts have been very swollen and killing me, been craving dairy (which is very unlike me), and very nauseated the past week or so.

like i said last night i start bleeding, and today even worse. DH goes out to the store for me to get pads,and 3 pregnancy tests, the digital ones. i only took one, but it was a big fat negative.....

so here is my question:

even if i just started bleeding yesterday, shouldn't i still be getting a positive on thge test results?

thank you for your advice/help in advance.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofone123
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I'm an infertility patient and when I had my miscarriage I knew before I started bleeding because they did blood tests every few days to monitor my hcg levels. They went up for a few days and then started declining and they told me I would start bleeding in a few days. I suppose if the hormone had gone down enough by the time you started bleeding you could get a negative. I bled for 10 days and then came back in for a blood draw and my level was back to 0. I'm sorry :(

sharandean
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:25 AM

First don't worry, that will only make it worse.The pregnancy test works with the hormones in your urine. Did you drink a lot of fluid before you took the tests? It could be watered down. In the begining of pregnancy we don't have a lot of the hormone in our urine but if you wait a couple of hours without urinating or first thing in the morning there should be enough hormone for the test to detect. You may have never been pregnant and the first tests were wrong, that is possible. I would suggest seeing your doctor right away, if you are pregnant, everything might be fine, some pregnancies the mom bleeds at first. Good luck.

butterflyblu
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Not necessarily.  I had an early miscarriage.  I got a positive result, started bleeding a few days later and then tested and it was negative.   I'm sorry.  :(

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I don't know sorry =(

Honeybun09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Quoting mslyricalbedlam:

I don't know sorry =(

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

chais_wifey
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Is it bright red blood? How much blood? Generally bleeding is a reason to go to the doc when you are in your first trimester. I'm not sure why you are testing negative now but the only way to know for sure is to go to the doc. I'm sorry you are going through this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JBDslittlemam08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:23 PM

If it's more than a quarter size of blood call your OB stat!

Otherwise you should be okay. You're a "high risk" pregnancy as it is simply because of how close all of your pregnanies have been.

It's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to such blessings.

When I was pregnant w/ my DS (my only child) I cramped so badly that I couldn't walk, I couldn't move, I was sweating perfusely but no bleeding. I thought I was miscarrying also but thankfully I wasn't.

Good luck mama.

amandaeastman
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Just go to the er and tell them you had a positive prego test and now you are bleeding

peanutslave
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:37 PM

When I had my last miscarriage, my test was positive the day before I started bleeding on a urine test. It was negative after I started bleeding. Not to give false hope, but maybe you should get to the doctor right away. I assumed that Aiedan was going to be another miscarriage after the pain and bleeding started. We went in immediately and found out that I had Placenta Previa. My doctor said that if we hadn't caught it right away he would have been another miscarriage. I sometimes wonder if my last miscarriage could have been prevented if I had gone to the doctor sooner. Either way, it is better to KNOW than to stress on it. Good luck to you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
mommy2xp
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I agree, Good luck!!

Quoting amandaeastman:

Just go to the er and tell them you had a positive prego test and now you are bleeding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)