Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why am I always stuck in the house???

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:49 PM
  • 11 Replies

My husband is a good husband a father, but the thing that erks me the most is that he always goes outside to mow and do yard work while I am stuck inside with the kids AND all the cleaning! I am really starting to get irate about it!! He just went outside when he knew I wanted him to help me clean today. Our house is DESTROYED!! I mean, its awful! It needs picked up and deep cleaned, which is what I had planned on US doing TOGETHER today. I told him that lastnight while he was at work too. He always gets to duck out and be outside while I clean! Not fair! I am boycotting this time. I usually just do it, but no, not this time. When he comes in, he can help me! He went to the store earlier and when he came back I saw him looking around the house and knew what he was thinking. I said, "don't even ask me what I've been doing. I had to feed the girls." Lily is sooo slow at taking a bottle and then I had to make lunch for our older daughter. argh!!! I am soooo pissed at him right now!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Do you work? I'm a sahm and I always do a little each day to avoid the house getting trashed. At any given moment my house is 30 minutes from company ready. You have more kids than me though! If you both work it should be the goal on the weekend to get the house clean. Get up early and do it first thing. I would make a list of what needs doing and split it right in half. This way it gets done then everyone can play!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leosmama2006
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:02 PM

No, i don't work, but I am nursing student, so I go to school and do homework non stop. My husband is a fireman, so he works every 3rd for a 24 hour shift, then he has 2 days off. The house is usually not this messy, but I have started summer classes, which have already started out moving waaay fast since its just 8 weeks for one class and i am taking overload. My kids are 4, 15 months and 3 months, so I have my hands full all the time. I just want him to help with the house instead of being able to duck outside. I don't think its fair at all. He does help a lot, but when its really bad like this, he ducks out. Not cool! :) I do like the morning cleaning idea, but I usually get up to do homework while the kids are asleep.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

Do you work? I'm a sahm and I always do a little each day to avoid the house getting trashed. At any given moment my house is 30 minutes from company ready. You have more kids than me though! If you both work it should be the goal on the weekend to get the house clean. Get up early and do it first thing. I would make a list of what needs doing and split it right in half. This way it gets done then everyone can play!

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:22 PM

((((hugs)))) Look at the positive from the situation...At least you have someone to help =]

jennywhy67
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:28 PM
My Dhis the same way. I'm a sahm so I can usually keep house tidy. But he rarely helps at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
millermom07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Put the baby in the stroller/sling and then you and the girls go outside also.  Let your older daughter play, while you sit with Lily or push her around in the stroller.  When he asks what you are doing, tell him "getting some fresh air before WE tackle the mess in the house!!"

dianamb
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:33 PM

I have three kids and a three month old my husband has been deployed for almost a year I do it all alone . I will be so happy when he gets home which is very soon you never realise how hard it is to even do simple things like grocery shop with three kids .

joci2203
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Well if he didn't do the yard work who would?  I mean at least he is being productive. 

Schleetle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I don't blame you for not giving in. If he agreed to help you out then he should. It gets really stressful at times, and I know the help is needed when things get overwhelming. Hope he gets to helping clean inside today!

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I agree.

Divide your cleaning up so you are not overwhelmed. The longer you hold off, the more work it will be.

Quoting joci2203:

Well if he didn't do the yard work who would?  I mean at least he is being productive. 

*Happily married mommy of a preschooler, toddler and a newborn!*

Leosmama2006
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I would do the yard work in a second! I love to mow! And as far as having a hubby deployed, been there, done that. I know its hard, but since he IS here no excuses! I go to school. No I don't work, but I am working on my RN, so I do homework and go to classes everyday for most of the day. If I'm not at school, I'm studying. So as far as the housework, even though I "stay at home" I don't see it as my responsibility only. I just wanted some support. I know its going to get worse if I boycot, but you know what? For a loooong time I have asked him to stop doing that to me and it hasn't cahnged, so I am making it change TODAY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)