Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for anyone that drinks (or has before) wine.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

What kind of wine do you personally like, or what kind of wines do you think would appeal to a large group of people? You can pick more than one kind if you think they are good especially if they are really different from eachother. I need some help because I know nothing about wine at all. lol

These are some options we have:

• Cabernet Sauvignon
  • Chardonnay
  • Merlot
  • Pinot Grigio
  • Port
  • Shiraz
  • White Zinfandel

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sarah513
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Cabernet Sauvignon is my favorite red and Pinot Grigio is my favorite white. 

Schleetle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Thanks!

Quoting sarah513:

Cabernet Sauvignon is my favorite red and Pinot Grigio is my favorite white. 

joci2203
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I am a big wino, my favorite is Pinot Noir it is a red.  It is light bodied and goes with every meal:)

ojac
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:20 PM

When we entertain in the summer, I usually buy several bottles of Chardonnay I have found most people who drink white like it the best.  My personal favorite is Pinot Grigio so I'll buy that too.  I generally will only 1 or 2 bottles of red, a Pinot Noir and a Merlot.

In the winter more people tend to drink red, I buy Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot. I personally am not a fan of Merlot so we generally only have it when we entertain.  My favorite wine is Pinot Noir...I highly recommend it for any gathering or just with dinner.

Schleetle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Wow that is a lot to think about. I am looking at the website for the place, and there so many wine options, but I am lost looking at them. Thanks for your opinions!

sarah513
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Quoting ojac:

When we entertain in the summer, I usually buy several bottles of Chardonnay I have found most people who drink white like it the best.  My personal favorite is Pinot Grigio so I'll buy that too.  I generally will only 1 or 2 bottles of red, a Pinot Noir and a Merlot.

In the winter more people tend to drink red, I buy Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot. I personally am not a fan of Merlot so we generally only have it when we entertain.  My favorite wine is Pinot Noir...I highly recommend it for any gathering or just with dinner.

Mmm I love Pinot Noir too.

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I am not a fan of red wine so pinot grigio and white zin would be my choices!!

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:44 PM

My favorite is Sangria.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)