Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you stay with your husband/ SO if he cheated?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:44 PM
  • 84 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you stay with your husband/SO if he cheated? Explain your answer:)

Options:

Yes I would work it out

No I could never forgive him!

I'm not sure

He has and we worked it out

He has and we couldn't work it out

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 146

View Results

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelleysangels
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Im not sure because I dont know if my heart could handle it.  And if I could never trust him again,  we wouldnt be able to make it anyway.  Wow, thats a hard one.

alexandra1022
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:48 PM

One word NO. I would be gone in a heart beat!

baby growth

Lilypie - (ZIiJ)
Lilypie - (1GFa)
joci2203
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I'm on the fence.

Amanda904
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I know that saying that you'd leave him is easy to say and the "right" thing to say, but would you throw away all of the love you had between each other over one mistake?
Personally, I can say right now, that I'd leave him, but if I was actually faced w/ that issue, I'm not so sure that it would be that easy. 

Schleetle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:50 PM

My husband did before we were married. Well he says we were "on a break" (what is this Friends? lol). So I said yes we've worked it out before, but if it happened again now that we are married with three children I would say no.

tangleballlover
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM

NO. We got married and our vows (even though I'm not really a Christian and I was married under Christian vows)...state that we will be faithful to each other. Break a vow, bye bye. This is one of the most serious offenses in a relationship in MHO. I would expect nothing less of my husband to divorce me if I cheated on him. I think we both have enough respect and love for each other, never to do that.

BrendaandSammy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Nope.  It dosnt matter how much I love him, if he cheated that would show me he didnt love or respect me so why stick around?  and Actions speek louder than words for those of you who are like "but he said he loves me and he mssed up"  If he really loved you this never would have been an issue.

tangleballlover
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Right on, sister! That's exactly what I believe. No MAN can CHEAT on his wife and then go "I love you. I didn't mean it." BULLSHIT! If you love and respect your wife, you don't go cheating on her!

Quoting BrendaandSammy:

Nope.  It dosnt matter how much I love him, if he cheated that would show me he didnt love or respect me so why stick around?  and Actions speek louder than words for those of you who are like "but he said he loves me and he mssed up"  If he really loved you this never would have been an issue.

joshswife07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Quoting Amanda904:

I know that saying that you'd leave him is easy to say and the "right" thing to say, but would you throw away all of the love you had between each other over one mistake?
Personally, I can say right now, that I'd leave him, but if I was actually faced w/ that issue, I'm not so sure that it would be that easy. 

YEP!!! Because if someone cheated that means they dont truley LOVE you.ANd I didnt throw it away HE did IF he cheated.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Nope.  I wouldn't even have to think about it.  I am of the belief, once a cheater, always a cheater.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)