Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to L&D last night and.......

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm still freaking pregnant.  I've had contractions off and on since Thursday and last night they were much worse.  But, I have not dilated much more and not made any real progress.  So, they let me stay overnight (in the very uncomfortable bed) and then sent me home this morning.  I'm 38 weeks and 1 day today.  They won't schedule an induction until 39 weeks, but I don't want to do that unless medically necessary.  If the baby is healthy, he'll come out when he's ready.  I'm just tired of this stopping/starting.

So, we wait!

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:59 PM

BUMP!

mommy2xp

I hope that baby comes soon!

katieBennett

BUMP!

rissyriss
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Is there a medical condition? Why on earth would they schedule an induction at 39 weeks if everything is normal and healthy??

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM

BUMP!

Schleetle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:48 PM

baby dustCome on labor!

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Ugh I feel your pain.  With my last baby I had false labor a few times.  Its terrible when it just stops.  I hope things pick up for you soon!!!

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Have you tried having sex? make sure you have an orgasm ... that should help, and who knows you may even enjoy it, LOL!

baby dust sending you labour dust!

Ambereno144
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Aww I hope he comes out soon!! Keep us posted!

marywilliams
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:55 AM
They were just mentioning options and that was why they sent me home instead of doing anything else. We are just going to wait and see what happens for now.

Quoting rissyriss:

Is there a medical condition? Why on earth would they schedule an induction at 39 weeks if everything is normal and healthy??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)