Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok ladies hubby and I are not sure what to do and wondered if anyone else has been in same position! UPDATE!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:03 PM
  • 38 Replies

Well we never did hear back from the shingles company so not sure why but know it wasnt the place for hubby! But there is awesome news. After two long months of waiting for something open hubby will be starting new job at 7:30 am tomarrow morning. It is a base pay and them commision and bonuses but he is the type that can sell swimsuit to an eskimo. LOL It is a route job selling welding supplies and the route is already there for him. The guy who had it had to leave the company do to cancer. So that is sad for him but ya know. So I wanted to thanks for all the advise and prayers from you all!! Thanks so much!

Ok here is the situation! Hubby was fired from his job on April 10th. We transfered here to Oklahoma back in November. Hubby has been witht he same company since Aug of 07 but the guys up here that run this branch are literally idiots. Hubby was let go cause the trucks (hes a truck driver) where very unsafe and if he had been pulled over he would have been shut down and they would have given him ticket for the problems not the company cause they say that you are the driver and you should have known that truck wasnt safe with such and such wrong with it.

So he has put in resumes everywhere and tons of ppl are telling him we arent hiring now so call back in month. Well he has done three interviews with Pepsi and we are just waiting to hear back from them on whether he gets the job or not. It has been a full month since his face to face interview and he has called like twice a week since to see if they decided anything and all they say is you are in the running for the job when decision is made you will get an email from us.

So he got an email from another company the other day. So we called like it said and it is for cdl driver for hauling shingles for this company. So we go and he does the interview so they sent him to do the drug screen. Well we got back home cause we have to wait for screen to come back b4 they can put him to work. So we was waying all the pros and cons of the job and waiting for Pepsi.

Well if he takes the job he will have to drive an hour and half to work and hour and half home. Plus with it being shingles we are worried that when summer is over he will not have any work. So then we get to putting in what he will bring home each week and since they said that he will work all the hours that are dot alotted we will loose the insurance for the kids so we will have to go 90 days without any insurance for the kids.

So what would you guys do?? Would you wait for the Pepsi job who has insurance the day you start and awesome benefits but you dont know how much longer you will have to wait? Or would you go with the one where he will be gone from sun up to sun down pretty much anywhere from 5 to 6days depending on how long his days are and loose insurance?

Please no bashing and thanks for any impute. We are really trying to do the most responsible thing. And our kids are all young from 1 to 9 and there is 4 of them. Again thanks so much for any advise!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mslyricalbedlam
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Could he just work this job untill Pepsi calls?

Kimber8802
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM

as PP said that was what my idea was going to be that way he would still make money now while waiting for Pepsi

superexcitedmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:21 PM
Thats a tough one... if it were me... i would be praying for God to point me in the right direction ( has always worked for me...) but i do realize not everyone is a christian or God believing... he could work the shingle job until pepsi calls... so that u have an income... but u also have to look ay the negative of quiting that job sudden.... but if u need the income u need the income!! i hope you hear from pepsi soon!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akb300
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:27 PM
if u need the income i would do the shingles till something better comes along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeggerSmith
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I would take the shingles job until  Pepsi calls then take that! Hubby's cousins husband works for Pepsi and while he had the same run around with the hiring on he LOVES his job and the company. GL mama and I hope everything works out for the better for you guys.

shi_ree
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:31 PM
I live in oklahoma too. My fiance applied with pepsi and all them too. (Not bashing) but they never called us back either. They had lied to us. If he is interested in other work I know a furniture warehouse that is hiring its where my fiance works. They hire for delivery drivers,cpu ppl,and all other positions. just hit me up and ill give you the information!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I thought most states had it set up to where kids had insuarance even if you had to pay small co pays & such. What are you going to do if Pepsi does not call? He would then lose out completely.

Jennasmom08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Quoting mslyricalbedlam:

Could he just work this job untill Pepsi calls?

Schleetle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:57 PM

I would take the job, but keep looking (along with waiting for pepsi) until he finds a better fit. Can you get state medical insurance for your children temporarily?

mom2wy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Thanks hun. We have been praying and some of the shingle job is what we have prayed for but some of it isnt. And we know that God doesnt always want you to take something just cause the pay is higher or there are more hours! We know that God is in control and just want to listen to Him. Thanks for your reply!

Quoting superexcitedmom:

Thats a tough one... if it were me... i would be praying for God to point me in the right direction ( has always worked for me...) but i do realize not everyone is a christian or God believing... he could work the shingle job until pepsi calls... so that u have an income... but u also have to look ay the negative of quiting that job sudden.... but if u need the income u need the income!! i hope you hear from pepsi soon!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)