Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To cut or not to cut...*update on pg 3*

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM
  • 33 Replies

That is the question! My son is almost 7 months old and his hair is just all over the place. It seems to bother him too, like around his ears and it's getting in his eyes. It's long enough in the back that it gets stuck in neck fat and pulls sometimes too lol. I was always told that you shouldn't cut a baby's hair if they are under 1yo. So, should I cut his gorgeous locks? Anybody have any advice on a type of cut that would be good for him? I love his hair but I don't think it's good to have it in his eyes so much and in his ears making him scratch all the time. Is there a way I could cut it but still keep it kinda long??? Like maybe just a trim or something? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Here's a funny pic of him with carrot stain around his mouth getting shocked from the flash on the camera :)

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM

i would just trim it. my son has had many many haircuts starting from his frist trim at 3wks old. It does not hurt them at all.

Honeybun09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I would get a little trim but I have no idea how, sorry.

I've never cut anyone's hair before and my own 15 month old has never had a haircut because she still doesn't have much hair.

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

joci2203
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Awe he has beautiful hair!  And a lot for 9 months!  I woudn't cut it yet, maybe just trim it so it is out of his eyes:)

butterflyblu
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:51 PM

It won't hurt to give it a little trim.  I trimmed my older son's hair at home around 10 months, just around his eyes and ears.  He got his first official cut around 14 months at the salon.   You can still keep it long but just get it out of his eyes and from around his ears.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Haha yes he does have a lot. Born with a lot too! I had tons of heartburn lol. Thanks for the advice everybody!

Quoting joci2203:

Awe he has beautiful hair!  And a lot for 9 months!  I woudn't cut it yet, maybe just trim it so it is out of his eyes:)

Schleetle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM

He does have beautiful baby hair. I would just trim where it bothers him.

amber_jean101
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:12 PM

I would cut it

Sweet_Britt
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:12 PM

I would trim it . Off his eyes, ears and neck. Especially if its bothering him and its in his face like that...LOL

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Thanks again everyone! I been thinking about it for awhile and my family is kinda in a split about it...Half said cut it and half said don't. I'm excited now kuzz I get to go take my baby boy for his first haircut now that I made my mind up LOL!

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Take pics before and after!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)