Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone go to the drycleaners?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hubby and I are doing laundry and I was folding one of his 75 dollar, brand new, polos and I saw a tiny little hole right by the collar!  We never go to the drycleaners and I said to hubby if we pay over 50 dollars for something we should probably have it professionally washed!

Do you take your more expensive clothing to the cleaners?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemy2boys39
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:04 PM

For one I would never buy a shirt that cost $75. But, no, we don't take anything to cleaners unless it says Dry Clean Only and I try not to buy anything that says that.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Schleetle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:06 PM

DH's suit, and dress uniforms. Also I've brought cashmere sweaters there before, but they always seem scared to clean those for some reason.

joci2203
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Quoting lovemy2boys39:

For one I would never buy a shirt that cost $75. But, no, we don't take anything to cleaners unless it says Dry Clean Only and I try not to buy anything that says that.

Well, it's his work clothes, he has to dress like a "business" man,lol.

sunshinemama86
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:18 PM

yes we take stuff to the drycleaners. dress clothes, jacket,s and our comforter. we have a place right in town thats really reasonable.

joci2203
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Quoting sunshinemama86:

yes we take stuff to the drycleaners. dress clothes, jacket,s and our comforter. we have a place right in town thats really reasonable.

How much do you pay?

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:27 AM

We don't own anything that expensive to dry clean =P

BMDunlap01
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I definitely take things to the dry cleaners. I invest in my dress clothes/bedding/etc and believe it is just as important to take care of them. SO isn't as good as me though - he hates the dry cleaners.
I have a great place nearby that is only $1.99 per item for most clothes. Otherwise it is typically a few dollars to $10 per piece. It gets more pricey for the bedding

sunshinemama86
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Quoting BMDunlap01:

I definitely take things to the dry cleaners. I invest in my dress clothes/bedding/etc and believe it is just as important to take care of them. SO isn't as good as me though - he hates the dry cleaners.
I have a great place nearby that is only $1.99 per item for most clothes. Otherwise it is typically a few dollars to $10 per piece. It gets more pricey for the bedding

this is what i pay too. the bedding is extra and leather/suede jackets are more too.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:27 PM

We aren't expensive clothing people but I got our bedspread drycleaned because it was expensive and they do a better job

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:41 PM

nope I dont spend that much on clothes, if I did then I would more than likely take them to be pro cleaned to make them last longer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)