Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever have premonition like feelings?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:46 PM
  • 16 Replies

Do you ever have premonition like feelings about stuff?

The weirdest thing just happened. I was getting my sons' clothes laid out for the morning, and I got this feeling that I needed to go check the back door. DH always locks the backdoor after the dog goes out to do his business. Well I went to the door, and guess what? It was unlocked! Oooh it was creepy. lol

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tangleballlover
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I think that I have a very strong intuition and sometimes my intuition comes off as premonition although most of the time it is when we are about to go on a long car trip. I was that way when I was little too and we traveled a lot. This last Christmas I had a bad feeling all day and the blizzard hit...then when I checked the roads, it was fine, but I still had a bad feeling..in VA we hit 3 traffic jams with 10 miles and it took us 2 hours to drive it and our car which is a 2006 (and the military requires everything is checked before long drives) was OVERHEATING! Turns out our coolant was low. My husband's supervisor didn't check it like he should have and my husband now knows that he still needs to check everything himself too.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:29 PM

I sometimes get a sort of premonition or intuitive feeling. OP that's creepy, I would have freaked out lol. I am just really paranoid about making sure all the doors and windows are locked up for the night though...

I had a premonition kind of dream 2 days before I was supposed to see my gyno to get on birth control. In the dream he told me I was pregnant. The day of the appointment he tells me I was pregnant...... I ended up miscarrying but it was still weird that I had that dream two days before the appointment. I also had an intuitive feeling that I was pregnant w/ my DD before I even tested, took two tests and I was right. I also had 4 dreams about having a baby girl before we got the ultrasound. All of my dreams were right since we have a girl.

I had a dream in January that I got pregnant w/ my IUD still in and that we were having a boy next. I haven't gotten pregnant so far but that doesn't mean it might not happen, we're not getting the IUD out for a couple more months.....

Renee02
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I think everyone does sometimes..I normally get them during my period..

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I think sometimes...

alandou
by April on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:35 AM

yes and i have had some wierd dreams. right before the haiti disaster i dreamed of the earth shaking violently...i had a dream kinda the same right before the after shocks. i dreamt of gigantic waves crashing into the land but nothing has come of that yet. also a huge tornado swept through a town right when the seasons had changed and it resulted in the seasons first tornado outbreaks this year...i cant remember where though. I know it sounds like bull crap but it really has happened. this year i have dreamt alot about the world disasters.

Ambereno144
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:36 AM

yes I do a lot actually. Or sometimes I will dream about someone I havent seen in a long time and then within a week or two I see them randomly. Its creepy lol

brianahernandez
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Just before close family/friends die, I have a dream...the night before. I hate it. I have also dreamt about a few celebrities dying just before they did. I really don't like it. Especially since I have had dreams that I die in childbirth....:( Thankfully I didn't ever go into labor with DD1, and I just had DD2 almost 3 weeks ago-and I'm still here. :)

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM

I used to get them all the time.  I still do sometimes, but it seems to be getting less and less as I get older.  I would know when the phone rang if someone had died.  I would dream of things like a test I was having in school and it would be the same on the actual test.  I have been places that I had never actually been before but I had seen it before and knew where stuff was and how to get around.  I will be having a conversation with someone and I get the feeling that I've already had that conversation with that person before. Stonger than a de ja vue feeling.  Other things have happened too, I just can't think of them all right now.

AngelicMommy_72
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:58 AM
i have had a grand intuituion of just KNOWING for some reason that women close to me r goin to be pregnant even before they know and on a few occasions even before they get preggers. One of my friends laughed it off cuz her bf had a vasectomy...three weeks later she came over n guess what? My sister amanda was the strongest...i kept had this strong strong feeling ...it was so bad i felt like i was holdin in this huge secret so i blurted out "i think amandas preggo" my SO just looked at me...asked if i had talkecd to her....no.. But id been feelin that way for over a month.... N i hadnt talked to her in at least six wks my older sister calls about a month later...sure enough amanda was eleven weeks....creepy...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelicMommy_72
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:06 AM
also...i had that feelin this yr only its weird cuz i didnt know who... Turns out it was two different women...my cousin n my half sister. At first my SO didnt know what to think...i asked him if his sis was preggers when i first met her n he said no...she got prggrs a month later.. But before we found out she was i told him i thought both of his sisters would be prg b4 the yr ended...sure enough...lol but we just found out his younger sister...also my good friend before he n i started dating ...is expecting number two and i felt nothin before hand so maybe its going away? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)