• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super- hearing keeping you awake now that you're a mom?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:34 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hi there!

My hearing has become so hyper-sensitive, that I'm woken up about 5x a night, and it's not because of the baby.

It's so frustrating that I'm sleeping with one earplug in so I can still hear the baby.

The only peaceful sleep I get is for the 1.5 hours I'm in bed with 2 earplugs before my husband gets there. Once he's there, I have to take one out so I can hear the baby.

I'm managing now, but my goodness, when I go back to work I'm going to be toast!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:38 AM

((((hugs)))) hope it gets better for you Mommy!

Mae264
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:45 AM

I use to be one of those sound sleepers. An earthquake wouldn't wake me up. I slept through a tornado once no joke. I'm hard of hearing and still I hear everything. I have two little ones and the youngest still sleeps with us and if his breathing pattern so much as changes or he moves I'm wide awake and I sleep with two earplugs because my husband snores. There's just such a heightened degree of senses now that I am a mom and it's not just when I am trying to sleep it's all the time. I swear I know what my 3 yr old is going to do before he knows LOL. Now if I could just get to the dogs food before the baby dumps it yet again this might come in handy LOL good luck.

tylersmommy54
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:13 AM
omg i swear i hear him all the time now! usually i am spot on but every know and again its my paranoia i think lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gwen407
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:25 AM
Lol.... i thought i was the only one! i could sleep thru anythin...earthquakes, people walkin in and out of the room i was in. now she just moans and im up! she's startin 2 dream so i've been wakin up even more these last few weeks then before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I hear everything! It does get better though

mariesmama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:02 PM

mines silent in her crib and i'm jolted out of a sound sleep

Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:06 PM

omg if DS so much as rolls over I'm wide awake!!! and hes very consistant about nursing every 4 hours so I wake up at that 4 hour mark, sometimes before he does! lol and last night he went 5 hours so I was all out of whack lol.

lovemy2boys39
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM

My husband is that way. He is a very light sleeper. Usually once I am asleep, I am not waking up.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

babygomez
by April on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:22 AM

BUMP!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM

(((hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)