• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your thoughts ...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:17 AM
  • 7 Replies

What are your thoughts about the McDonald's Happy Meals and that they offer a toy with the meal?

(let's keep it nice Mommies ... everyone has the right to their own opinion. don't want to start an argument over it just want to hear your thoughts.)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:22 AM

I give my kids McDonalds occationally. Maybe once every few months. They like the toys, and they enjoy the food. The key (just like with everything else) is moderation. If you allow you kids to eat McDonalds every day, they're gonna get fat.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Well said ... McDonalds is considered a treat in our household.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

I give my kids McDonalds occationally. Maybe once every few months. They like the toys, and they enjoy the food. The key (just like with everything else) is moderation. If you allow you kids to eat McDonalds every day, they're gonna get fat.

NuM1mOmMyOf2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:30 AM

yes ditto ....even tho my 2yo is skinny as hell cause he is the worlds pickiest eater lol so he could afford a few pounds lol

Quoting mommyhonu:

Well said ... McDonalds is considered a treat in our household.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

cdnmom24
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:31 AM

I think it is a great treat in moderation of course, My dd gets a happy meal once a month, sometime twice.

emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:42 AM

Don't really have any thoughts. But DD isn't old enough to have those. We are planning on not letting her have it very often. We want her to grow up healthy and know what is good to eat and what isn't. We just really hadn't picked a time frame of how often yet.

sunshinemama86
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM

well mcdonalds is gross in general but i am not going to lie and say me and dd never eat it but she doesn't get a happy meal she doesn't want it she hates fries and drinks water (her choice i would let her have sprite every once in a while) all she wants is a plain double cheeseburger.

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I think it's fine. They've done this for as long as I can remember. It's not like you have to purchase a happy meal, you dont even have to go to Mc Donalds :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)