• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your thoughts about this?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:38 AM
  • 13 Replies

Can a same sex couple raise a child as well as a "traditional" couple?

* Let's be really nice, we all have an opinion ... don't be rude and No Bashing! We are simply Mommies having a nice conversation and I know that we can be polite to eachother. Remember it is ok to just agree to disagree. I don't want to delete this post but I will if I have to.*

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunshinemama86
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:31 AM

yes! i don't think that maters their are some same sex and opposite sex couples that would make great parents and some that would make awful parents.

abbysmommy429
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I do not think gender ditates if they are good parents. I think any couple who loves one another and their children will be great parents.

Schleetle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Yes sure as long as they are good people, and loving parents -  just like anyone else that wants to have a child.

Ljensen09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I Agree they would make good parents being the same sex, but when i think about it more, if they have a boy and they are two girls, he is going to need a "manly" figure for certain things and if its a girl and 2 guy parents she is going to need a women figure at certain times in her life. That is what i think would make things a little bit tough

mommymandy06
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:21 AM

on the fence!! yes they can but it puts the child in a weird position when they get older!!shruggingto each is own i guess. there is a reason there is a man and  a women  though i think.. that is how a baby is born so that is how it should stay just my opinion though.

Honeybun09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Regardless of how I feel about same sex couples in general, yes, I do think that they can raise a child as well as a traditional couple...

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Yes I think they can.

wright1212
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Well think of this, its better than a single parent! But I think a set of loving parents (reguardless of any gender) is best for any child. I know plenty of 2 parent families that do a bad job since one doesnt care, drugs, fighting, cheating, ect.

Actually a large portion of same sex couples may be better parents since they usually have to prove more and jump through hoops just to get to have a child or get custody. If only all parents had to go through that!

Mommy to Corbin (7-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (5) Collin (9/09 bf only), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. Babywearing, homecooking, co-sleeping, SAHM.

Barronbaby
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:40 PM
yes I think same sex parents can raise a child the same as traditional parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armygrl1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Yes, No doubt in my mind.

What is important is the love, care and quality of life that they can provide a child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)