Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

naptime blues

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM
  • 4 Replies
does anyone have trouble getting lo to take a nap?

my 9 month old will not nap I know he's tired he's fussy and rubbing his eyes. Anyone have any tips or tricks? My 4 year old never did this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:10 PM

When my lil guy is fussy i have to hold him and pat him on the diaper til he falls asleep but he only 3 months. Maybe another Mommy can help you. Here's a Bump for you.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Here's a bump

Ljensen09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM

My daughter used to do the same thing. She would be so crabby and so tired that her eyes were red but some days i couldnt get her to nap for the life iof me until i came across her favorite movie lol Willy wonka with johnny depp. I would put that in and give her a bottle and it was lights out.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Sometimes but not often. I pick up on her clues well ahead of time when I know she is winding down and getting tired. The key is to not let them get past a certain point of being tired, then they start fighting you. She starts to rub her eyes more and grabs her blanket, pacifier and sippy cup so I know it's time for bed. I usually fill her cup up and ask her if she is ready for a nap and now she has learned to shake her head yes, she even walks herself to her room and climbs in to bed for me to tuck her in and give her a kiss.

Just keep an eye on him and learn his cues that he is getting tired and start the naptime routine well before he gets over tired. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)