Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bottle

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM
  • 17 Replies

if your baby is bottle fed when do you plan on taking the bottle away? 

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Mine gets the breast and bottle. I'll take the bottle, as well as my breast, at age 1 just like I did with DD. That's when I intorduced whole milk and sippy cups.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I pumped at the end with my son and took the bottle away at one year.

Barronbaby
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:16 PM
12 months he's 9 and I've already started giving cups he has teeth fast I get him off the bottle better chance his teeth won't rot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM

I'm not sure maybe around 1 year old.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM

We took all bottles away at 12 months and have only given her sippy cups and straw cups ever since.

mama_girl07
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:53 PM

oldest i took at 12 mo youngest gave them up around 10 mo

millermom07
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I introduced all my older kids to sippy cups when they were big enough to start sitting in their high chairs to eat and I plan to do the same with Rahmad.  It was actually those cheap cups that don't have the spill proof valves (I used these because sometimes its hard for a child to learn to suck from the valve cups, so if they were getting something from the first cups they used, they would expect it from the other cups and try harder) and I only put a very small amount of formula in the cup.  As they got use to this, later I would give them a sippy cup (with valve) in it away from the high chair.  Eventually they were getting cups for every feeding instead of a bottle, so all of my kids were weaned before 1 yr. 

It's amazing how many times we were out in public and I actually had women come up to me and tell me that I FORCED my kids off the bottle too soon because they were drinking from cups so young!!!  My personal thoughts on it is that if they CAN drink from the cup and they WANT to drink from the cup, no reason to give them a bottle back!!! lol

barefootNky113
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM

i bf my dd for 3 months, then switched to formula, and she was off the bottle a little after she turned one

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:06 PM

12 months. She already knows how to use a sippy, she gets juice in it, but around 1 I will throw away her bottles and she will go on the sippy fll time. I am going to start working with a normal cup too for while in her high chair.

AngelicMommy_72
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Get this... I was a bad mama for takin the bottle way from ds1 at twelve months..who was only bottle fed..n im a bad mama for continuing to bf my second son at 14 months. Lol... If i had bottle fed ds2 it would have went away two months ago as well... Hes been sippy cupping it other than naps n bed time since he was ten months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)