Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

circ?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM
  • 36 Replies

Are your boys circumcised? Why or why not?

This is NOT a debate I am just going back and forth on whether or not to get this done if we ever have a boy. If the post gets ugly I will delete it so please stay nice :]

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM

My DS is circ'd and this baby will be also.  I too went back and forth and back and forth.  I actually didn't truly decide to do it until the day they did the circ.  I weighed many pros and cons and I evenutally decided that this was best.  I still wonder every once in a while if I did the right thing, but I know deep down that I did.

mlmartinez
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Yes...His father made that decision...he had to be circ'd at 5 yrs old and he still remembers the pain so he wanted it doen when he was born so that he wouldn't remember it...

KairisMama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:15 PM

My son was going to be, but I was unable to have it done due to hypospadia (sp??). Basically his pee hole is not centered. He'll have it surgically repaired at 5 months, and during the surgery they will circumcise him too. Honestly he looks already half done, for he was born with no foreskin on the tip.

luka_89

my ds is..not my desion really. hubby has had some problems and blames it from not being circ'd (not the issue hes just unlucky the doc tried to prematurly pull the skin back ) so he said ds would be. imho unless its for relegious reason i think its better left alone...boys are born with it for a reason, you dont cut things off girls? like i said jmo :)

Forget-me-not
Dh is son is intact and so will any future sons. I see no reason for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM

After researching it, I saw that there was no reason for it other than cosmetic. I thought he was born perfect and need no alterations.

Girls are guaranteed at least one UTI or yeast infection in their lifetime and infant females are more prone to it but do we cut their labias off or their foreskin (clitoral hood). JMO.

Barronbaby
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM
yes my dh made the choice and I heard that they can get infections not sure if true tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luka_89
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM

goodpoint, its done in a few contries (female circ) and yet we all shun and say its horrible...yet do it to our sons :/

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

After researching it, I saw that there was no reason for it other than cosmetic. I thought he was born perfect and need no alterations.

Girls are guaranteed at least one UTI or yeast infection in their lifetime and infant females are more prone to it but do we cut their labias off or their foreskin (clitoral hood). JMO.

butterflyblu
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Yes both my boys are circ'd.  My DH made the final decision although I was fine with it too.  I really don't see it as a right or wrong decision whichever way you go. 

Bits08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM

He is not circ'ed because Im not comfortable with it.  It seems purely cosmetic to me.  He was born with a foreskin for a reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)