• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be offended?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM
  • 29 Replies

A friend of ours just found out she was expecting and we had them over for dinner, with another couple that has a baby.

Last night, my friend made a comment that my newborn does not take a binky/pacifer.

I said that I did not use them. She does for her daughter.

She got all offended and assumed that I thought I was better parent then her. I just explained that I never used them for my children because none of my children like them.

I feel kind of bad but I also don't see the big deal

Do you?

*Happily married mommy of a preschooler, toddler and a newborn!*

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM

nope I don't see any of that a big deal...

VintageWife
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM
I have had the same thing happen. I tried to explain my babies' never wanted one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I don't think it was a big deal, she probably over reacted and took it personally when it wasn't meant to be.

Ammie25
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM

She must be self conscious about her parenting if she's that easily offended by someone doing something different. I wouldn't take it personally.

Ambereno144
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM

No I dont see why she would be mad. It wasnt like you were saying "I think Binkys are horrible" you just said you dont use them. Idk some people read too much into things though.

butterflyblu
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Nope I do not think that is a big deal.  Some babies simply never care for them.  My oldest loved his binky, my youngest hated it and has never taken one.  Some parents simply choose to never offer one.  I don't understand why she'd get offended.

CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM

If your friend was upset, you'll never convince her it wasn't a big deal.  I'm sorry that this situation makes you feel badly.  I would just shake it off.  There are different ways to go about raising a healthy, happy, well adjusted child.  If only one way was right, we'd all get a manual at the hospital telling us how to handle all the stuff that comes up.  Hugs, Mama!  You're doing alright!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Thanks ladies! She is very sensitive about parenting!

erinsmom1964
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Wow you should be used to it as much as you are here!!  I don't know why you feel bad....................... so what?? 

Schleetle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM

No maybe she is just hormonal still from having the baby, or maybe someone else recently said something about it that upset her. IDK... I don't think it's a big deal, but sometimes people over react to things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)