Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car spin-off, sort of

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am beginning to look for a bigger car than what I have and I'm opening my mind up to the idea of a mini van, but I'm still stuck on SUVs.

Mamas who drive mini vans what van do you have? What do you like and not like about it?

Mamas who drive "mid size" (not huge) SUVs, what do you have? What do you like and not like about it?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barronbaby
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:34 PM
I have a chevy trail blazer and love it it has lots of room and mine I think is a 08 so it's got storage compartments back seat has it's own thermostate so I can have it warmer than the front or cooler. I haven't had any downfalls yet. And onstar is awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartsandskulls
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM

i have a 2000 dodge grand caravan....it has enough room for all 3 kids and for me and my boyfriend to fit comfortable in it. there isnt a lot of trunk space though and the seats are hard to get in and out..its nice for being 10 yrs old..but im looking to upgrade to a suv

lundaylove
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:40 PM

we've got an explorer. i like it but its not great on gas.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I like Explorers, my mom & step dad each had one for a few years before the transmissions were going to go out so they got different cars. I really like them when the body style changed around, 2004? 

Although I know whatever vehicle I'll be getting I'll have to make a sacrifice on gas, no van or SUV will get as good of gas mileage as my car does unless I were to get a new one...  

BTW I've kept the Explorers in my mind because of knowing that *you have fit three car seats into the backseat lol.

Quoting lundaylove:

we've got an explorer. i like it but its not great on gas.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I also really like the Trail Blazers, my grandma has rented one for works trips, and I've ridden in a couple of different TBs... They are nice.

Quoting Barronbaby:

I have a chevy trail blazer and love it it has lots of room and mine I think is a 08 so it's got storage compartments back seat has it's own thermostate so I can have it warmer than the front or cooler. I haven't had any downfalls yet. And onstar is awesome

diah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:47 PM
We have an 08 Hyundai Entourage mini van. LOVE IT! We have a 15 it old and 2 in carseats so my little SUV wasn't gonna work.
I love that the back has vents and controls for the a/c. We have plenty of room.
We didn't upgrade and get the power doors or the dvd player. Wish we had, but that was our stupid choice. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss.Cullen
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I LOVE mini vans! Never owned one but my aunt has a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan and I am in love with it, wish I could have one!

I owned an Explorer too. LOVED it. I didn't care even much about the gas but there as alot wrong with it so I got a car instead. I love bigger vehicles!

navywifey2006
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM
we have a 2003 chevy venture, its roomy and i love it....i just wish it had power doors.
Honeybun09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM

BUMP!

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I have a durango and it's great. we got the 3rd row seat so it can fit 7 people. It's very comfy and to me it drives like a car

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)