Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long, Skinny, and SO FRUSTRATED!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:44 PM
  • 22 Replies

Does anyone else have a long, but REALLY skinny baby? If so, where do you find clothes?! I can't get anything on DD2!!! She's 1 month old and Newborn is too short on her, but is WAAAY too wide!!! WTH?! I'm so irritated because I HATE HATE HATE onesies! All she can wear is the Carter's onesies for 3 month, but they are so wide on her! I've tried preemie and that is the only thing that fits her width, but she's just too long for newborn. Help me! LOL! I did find an outfit that is newborn and a little shorts onesie. It's cute, but just barely fits her lengthwise. And it's the most narrow of any outfits we own, but is still too wide. AAAHHH! I'm going to lose my mind! She was 6lbs 11oz at birth and 18 inches. In 8 days she went up to 7lbs 1/2oz and was 19 1/2 inches. But she's SOOO skinny, I can't even describe it. She measures 50th %ile at her 1 week check. But because she gained weight/length, we don't go back until 2 months. Where do I find clothes that could fit her? And clothes in larger sizes too for the future? Thanks in advance!!!!

Beaming mommy to two beautiful girls. I am proudly extended rear-facing, extended breastfeeding, attachment parenting, baby/toddler-wearing, and co-sleeping.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:52 PM
I hear ya! My 8 month old is just starting to get too long for 0-3 month clothes. 3-6 clothes are way to wide. Oh well is all I can say. There isn't anything I can do about it. I was given a lot of her clothes, so I just use what I can and donate the rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:55 PM
they use to see onsie extenders back when my dd was a baby and for pants I just rolled them down for a better fit or sew the sids(like pinning them) good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissychristi
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:02 PM

My little guy is the same way. Newborn fit him for 2-3 weeks before I had to move up to 3 month. He just turned 3 months old and is almost too long for the 3-6 month clothes.

He was 6lb 12oz and 19 1/2" at birth. At his 2 month appt he was 10lbs 5oz and 26 1/2" long.

They don't make longer clothes so you just have to settle for too wide. Stinks but I think the baggy clothes are too cute.

Honeybun09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:13 PM

BUMP!

Schleetle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Maybe try Gerber brand they run smalller than Carter's in width.  My daughter is really thin too, but she isn't super long.

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM

my baby is SKINNY and long. But she is only 2 days old lol so im not much help...my first baby was a massive chunky boy so im lost.

her newborn clothes she swims in..

its summer- have her wear sun dresses and rompers.

Forget-me-not
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM
Can you sew? A quick intake on the side would work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:41 PM

My daughter is like that too, she was always to long for onsies but the width on them was huge. She is 8 months and in 18-24 month right now. At 6 months she was 20 pounds and 29 inches. She was 7lbs 11ounces and 20 1/2 inches at birth.

If I remember right I have heard of onsie exstenders.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=onsie+exstendor

Here is some I found on amazon.com

lundaylove
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

gerber is really skinny, as well as target clothing. stay away from anything at walmart cuz it will be way too wide.

S_morgan09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I am right there with you! My daughter was 6.6 pds and 18 1/2 inches at birth, so it was premie there. She is 6 months old now and 3-6 fit her tummy (still a lil big) but waaaay too short.. We just deal with it and bought those extenders for onzies. I think carters has um or walmart. we got them at the baby shower..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)